A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “IT Manager”.
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree | PMP|
|Experience||8 – 10 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||18,000 AED – 25,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||1000 – 5000 Employees|
|Benefits||Medical Insurance | Performance-Based Bonus|
Looking for a seasoned and steadfast IT PMO Manager to lead the implementation of several IT Projects using portfolio management, and organizational change management disciplines to fulfil the group’s long-term business objectives. You are responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating multi-disciplinary project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality and deliver projects in an agile way providing exceptional business value to stakeholders.
This role will be managing several concurrent high-visibility projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions, demonstrating strong organizational skills, outstanding communication and inner drive to succeed. This role will gain organizational commitment for all technology and software plans, as well as lead all required activities to complete those plans. In addition, the PMO Manager provides technical leadership across the organization, from strategic decision-making down to the project planning level, acting as a coach for senior leaders and executives in helping them understand the current projects and gain endorsement for future solutions and spending. This role will also support project teams in the documentation of development, configuration and integration activities into their project plans.
G42 is an Abu Dhabi based artificial intelligence and cloud computing company with a global footprint delivering holistic and scalable solutions to a variety of commercial and government clients. The Group’s business operations cover a wide range of industry verticals including Healthcare, Government, Smart City & Smart Mobility, Oil & Gas, Fintech, Geospatial, Aviation, Cloud Computing, Big Data Analytics and Sports
You and your team will directly manage the intake of new project requests, the preparation of evaluation-ready project proposals, and the handoff of approved project initiation documents to project managers in other departments. You will forecast and track the availability of people to do the project work throughout the project life cycle. You will publish weekly, monthly and annual portfolio reporting based on information collected from the project teams, and you will oversee the closure of projects with follow-up reporting to those who approved them.
Project Planning and Management
- Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects
- Direct project development from beginning to end
- Support the definition of the project scope and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with executive management
- Create, Manage, and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary
- Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members in a timely and clear fashion
- Communicate with customers on an ongoing basis
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and customers
- Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
- Track project milestones and deliverables
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations
- Issue status reports to the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle
- Managing expectations for the delivery of the project and escalating issues on deadlines as early as possible senior management to enable appropriate corrective action to be taken.
- Meeting agreed deadlines and adhering to project time scales.
- Keeping abreast of new and emerging technologies, and other developments in the current area of work.
Process Management and Improvement
- Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
- Estimating timelines, measuring risk and devising mitigation strategies for identified risks.
- Drawing up project plans that will support the delivery of the various IT projects being undertaken.
- Undertaking project closure as per the IT project management approach.
- Release Management within IT; understanding dependencies between different releases and liaising with other project managers to facilitate resolution where conflicts occur
- Facilitating the management of the portfolio of IT projects. This includes identifying dependencies between projects, particularly in respect of resources, and the reporting of programme level issues and risks.
- Where necessary, liaising with third party suppliers to ensure successful delivery of external products
- Promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-level of quality for the team
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and subcontractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
- Build, develop, and grow business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conduct project “lessons learned” meetings and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management
- Directing and motivating the project team as appropriate.
- The PMO will be responsible for the IT Budget.
- Will work with the various Teams to support the creation, management, and submission of budget proposals for the various IT sub-functions and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary
Skills And Attributes For Success
Your performance will be measured on the percentage variation from allocated budgets, cost savings achieved in the department, quantum of risks identified and assessed, adherence to minimum security baseline controls, compliance with policies, procedures & quality standards, and internal customer NPS.
To qualify, you must have
- Bachelors or Master’s degree on Technology or related field
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Certifications in Agile and other related project disciplines.
- Broad experience in managing high-risk, high-visibility projects.
- Strong understanding of project, portfolio, OCM, and Agile techniques.
- Comfort in managing relationships with the C-suite and assuming the voice of diligence.
- Ability to conduct research into project and portfolio management issues and products as required.
- Minimum of 8 years professional experience leading projects and consulting experience in a big 4 or equivalent consulting firm.
- Strategic business acumen and understanding of organization strategy and ability to manage complex projects to delivery that strategy
- Experiencing in assessing a broad range of information solutions and products particularly document management, collaboration and content management.
- Depth understanding of agile software development frameworks
- A practical and proactive problem-solver who possesses strong business acumen and is confident, mature, and calm.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment with both the local and global Compliance and Legal teams and the information security teams.
Ideally, you’ll also need
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to explain technical concepts to lay audiences. Some experience of with working with board level stakeholders.
- Self-starter with the ability to appropriately prioritize and plan complex work in a rapidly changing environment
- Team player with experience leading and collaborating cross-team to ensure successful delivery of solutions
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills – demonstrating outside-the-box problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must be able to effectively liaise with internal direct reports and senior management as well as external customers, clients, partners and stakeholders.
- Must be a critical thinker, with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to achieve tactical and strategic goals.
What we look for
If you are a performance-driven, inquisitive mind with the agility to adapt to ambiguity, you will fit right in. You should be eager to explore opportunities to build meaningful collaborations with stakeholders and aspire to create unique customer-centric solutions. Bias for action and a passion to conquer new frontiers in the AI space is at the heart of the G42 community.
What working at G42 offers
Culture An open, diverse and inclusive environment with a global vision that encourages personal growth and focuses on ground-breaking, industry-first innovations.
Career Outstanding learning, development & growth opportunities via structured training programs and innovative, high-tech projects.
Work-Life A hybrid work policy to strike the perfect balance between office and home.
Rewards A competitive remuneration package with a host of perks including healthcare, education support, leave benefits and more.
G42 is a global leader in creating visionary artificial intelligence for a better tomorrow. Born in Abu Dhabi and operating across the world, G42 champions AI as a powerful force for good. Its people are constantly reimagining what technology can do, applying advanced thinking and innovation to accelerate progress and tackle society’s most pressing problems.
G42 is driving change in the region and beyond, joining forces with nations, corporations and individuals to create the infrastructure for tomorrow’s world. From molecular medicine to space travel and everything in between, G42 realizes exponential possibilities, today.