A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Senior Project Manager”.
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree|
|Experience||12 – 15 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||22,000 AED – 25,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Atkins are looking for a Senior Project Manager (Architecture/Design) for large mixed-use developments in UAE.
- Monitor the performance of all internal and external architectural and engineering work related to project, emphasizing on-time and on-budget performance and monitoring compliance with Design Guidelines and contract terms.
- Monitor the development of the overall design process from conceptual design through schematic and detailed/contract documents.
- Perform design reviews throughout the design process from conceptual design through schematic and detailed/contract documents.
- Conduct ongoing constructability reviews to successfully meeting the schedules and program budgets.
- Monitor submittals by the design consultants to obtain approvals and permits necessary by all regulatory agencies and local authorities having jurisdiction.
- Implement Design to budget requirement in all appropriate RFP’s and contracts for design services. Monitor compliance with Design to Budget standards.
- Promptly inform in writing of any event or situation that the likely effect of which would be to vary the scope of the Program; and or change its quality, content or function.
- Schedule the submission of the design, in stages if appropriate, to Client and request his approval thereto. Advise Client in the event that the design indicates that compromises are necessary between particular objectives and requirements of Project. Schedule the Design activities in the Master Schedule to include reasonable periods Client approvals.
- Monitor the dissemination of design information among the Program Team in timely manner such that abortive work is avoided or minimized as much as practicable.
- Monitor the performance of the Design Consultant and other consultants in respect of the deliverables associated with the agreed Design Program and provide immediate advice to Client in the event their progress may affect the program overall completion date or milestone objectives together with recommended remedial action.
- Monitor statutory authority approval processes. Prepare a standard NOC (no objection certificates) register to be prepared and updated by all consultants and contractors.
- Schedule the Design to allow reasonable periods for Client approvals, any Municipality Permits, No objection Certificates, and other statutory approvals.
This position requires professional ability and inherent motivation. You have the skills required to direct meetings, introduce discussion to encourage thinking on the wider commercial context and be responsible for the tasks assigned to members of your project team. You are willing and able to perform duties diligently to the quality standards set by the Company and conform to the Company’s policies and business systems and be committed to their implementation and continuous improvement at all times.
You will operate within the constraints of the particular contract for which you have been appointed. You will have financial delegations for the Company in accordance with the financial authorities established by the Company, and as amended from time to time.
You Are Expected To
Skills and Attributes
- Manage the flow of design information between all parties in a design team in an efficient and controlled manner ensuring design coordination between the various elements
- Coordinate the deliveries of design packages from all parties to the Client
- Apply quality management principles and processes
- Apply risk assessment and management principles and processes
- Network effectively, negotiate well and influence people, broker relationships with stakeholders within and outside the project
- Be aware of the broader environmental, social and economic perspectives and how they may affect the project
- Provide leadership to your project team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
- Relevant certifications –PMP, APM, RICS, LEED etc.
- 12-15+ years full time paid professional experience managing the design coordination, the planning and scheduling activities of major projects
- Ability to build consensus among multiple stakeholders
- Active leadership style
- Middle East experience required.
SNC Lavalin’s Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 22 calendar days annual leave (based on 5 day working week)
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance program