A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Group Head of Warehousing”.
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree|
|Experience||10 – 12 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||30,000 AED – 35,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Who We Are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What You’ll Be Doing
The Group Head of Warehousing will lead people, process and systems across all our Fulfillment Centers in the region that deliver luxury products to our customers as promised. This role is challenging and appeals to people who have a pioneering spirit and founder’s mentality.
Across our growing presence, Fulfillment Centers are the backbone of our global business, driving our innovative culture and growth. The Group Head of Warehousing serves as the face of the organization to hundreds of employees and the entire community where the centers are located. Our corporate leadership depend upon the fulfillment centers to deliver the ultimate in customer experience and satisfaction, and it is a role that is taken extremely seriously throughout the company.
Reporting to the Chief Fulfilment & Logistics Officer, you will drive delivery of all targeted business plan metrics across productivity, quality, cost, safety and people at all sites in pursuit of our customer promise. You will create and build upon operational plans, drive a mind-set and culture of continuous improvement through Kaizen and Lean initiatives and sustain a culture of learning and development. At an individual level you will contribute to site, regional and global initiatives, tackling complex problems that affect customers and work to resolve them with innovative solutions.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Leading operationally the UAE and KSA Chalhoub Fulfillment Centers by managing in-house Logistics and functionally the other fulfillment centers located in Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, and Egypt.
- Lead delivery of all targeted Business Plan metrics across productivity, quality, cost, safety and people.
- Maintain health and safety standards within area and promote a positive health and safety culture on site.
- Lead and drive staff planning, schedules, quality initiatives, process change initiatives, and other ACES/Six Sigma initiatives to enable Operations and ultimately the FC to attain Chalhoub’s Business Plan.
- Manage teams of 500+ employees within a demanding, fast-paced/time-critical and multiple product line environments. Depending on customer demand and the time of the year, these teams range in size and can grow significantly during the holiday season peak.
- Lead a cross disciplinary team to regularly review manager performance levels to continuously improve strategies.
- Carry out leadership responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and procedures.
- Maintain a complete leadership overview and thorough understanding of inventory.
- Implement change and/or develop new processes as required to provide ability to better direct ship multiple products to multiple locations and geographies.
- Continuously measure and evaluate the departmental goals and all work processes.
- Set and clarify requirements and expectations for all cross functional direct reports.
- Leverage off Operations, Fulfilment Managers and Supervisors to source and nurture ideas and roll them into the creation of improvement plans for the sites.
- Take proactive steps to ensure that best practices are shared across all sites
- Work effectively with peers (Solutions Manager, HR, Financial Manager, Safety & Loss Prevention Manager, IT Manager) to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives.
- A successful leader can expect a robust Chalhoub career trajectory, including: regional leadership, global opportunities and corporate roles that match their skills and interests.
Qualifications & Experience
- Advanced Degree, Engineering/Technical Masters or MBA.
- Seasoned experience in operations leadership role in manufacturing within international companies renowned for their state of the art lean manufacturing approach.
- GM/full on plant/site management experience, managing a large group facility (ideally 500+) with large hourly workforces.
- Experience of operating in large scale, rapid and process-driven environments, including facing operational peaks and strong growth.
- Possess excellent business judgment, able to step back and look at long term vision for the department growth. Be resourceful, able to manage ambiguity and prepared to get involved if needed.
- Demonstrated experience with Continuous Improvement/Total Quality Systems including Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma.
- Demonstrate a strong track record of problem solving and solid analytical skill capability to look at and find solutions for a variety of operational challenges.
- Extensive project and change management expertise.
- Demonstrated experience and passion around employee engagement and driving high performance work teams.
- Education: Degree from an accredited institution in Engineering, Mathematics, or a Supply Chain/Logistics/Manufacturing related discipline.
- Excellent command of English-both verbal and written
What We Can Offer You
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits.