A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Mechanical Design Engineer”.
||Khazna Data Centers|
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree (Mechanical Engineering)|
|Experience||5 – 6 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||7,000 AED – 8,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Khazna was founded in 2012, and has grown rapidly into the leading and trusted wholesale data center providers in the Middle East and North Africa region. Through our data centers, we provide industry benchmark levels of power supply and cooling services to better serve the growing need for data center operations in the UAE and wider region.
We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our team. This person will work on mechanical designs from concept to detailed phases while supervising consultants and contractors for compliance with business requirements, and be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Provide concept designs, equipment sizing and supporting calculations in-house for projects to ensure the design is meeting customer requirements.
- Provide guidance and project leadership from a mechanical point of view in ensuring project or other design and engineering initiatives are meeting or exceeding company expectations.
- Ensure design compliance to customers, Khazna standards, authorities and international standards.
- Participate in projects daily, weekly, and monthly meetings with consultants, contractors and customers.
- Review RFPs from a mechanical point of view, assist with selection of contractors and review the designs in coordination with technical advisors to ensure everything is up to code and to the requirements.
- Review materials and designs for the projects to make sure the contractors are ordering materials that match Khazna and/or client requirements in terms of origin, performance etc. and secure the deliveries, design, and approvals from authorities.
- High level Review and verification of Drawing Submissions, O&M documents, As-built drawings with the engineering management team.
- Review shop drawings to make sure they are consistent with the design documents and local codes / standards (ADCD/Estidama/LEED/Ashrae/DCD/NFPA etc.) to protect further Khazna’s projects from potential overlooked issues by third parties.
- Supervise Consultant work in Review and approval of contractor’s submissions, including RFI’s, Material Submissions, Shop Drawings, Method Statements and Variations.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Implement policies, systems, and procedures for the assigned team so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements, are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service.
- Report on weekly basis to the Head of design.
- Prepare sectional statements and reports timely and accurately to meet Khazna and department requirements, policies, and quality standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Uptime certification or equivalent is preferred
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience in system design or project planning with emphasis on data centers mission critical project delivery