A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Internal Audit Manager”.
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree | CPA | CISA | CIA | CA|
|Experience||15 – 16 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||25,000 AED – 30,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Manage and control the Internal Audit Division by promoting high standards of control and providing objective assurance on the efficiency and effectiveness of internal control systems, governance processes, risk management, and compliance across ADNOC Drilling locations. Lead audit assignments and special projects being carried out by senior / internal auditors or other external resources, in accordance with ADNOC Internal Audit policies and procedures, Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards and other regulatory bodies’ requirements. Manage assigned Internal Audit activities within ADNOC HQ Directorates to evaluate and contribute to the improvement of governance, risk and control processes using systematic and disciplined approach.
Assist VPAA in discharging the oversight & Management roles and responsibilities for the smooth divisional operations by providing with advices, studies, analysis, reports and presentations etc., as appropriate.
Job Specific Accountabilities
- Participate in initiating/promoting the establishment and continuous improvement of the Corporate Governance Framework including Enterprise Risk Management, Corporate Code of Conduct, Ethics and Values. Discuss ethical conflicts with company management.
Risk Assessment and Internal Audit Plan
- Supervise the preparation of periodic report on Audit activities and performance relative to its plans, significant risk exposures, controls/governance issues and other related matters.
- Lead the preparation of the periodic Risk Assessments for audit planning purposes.
- Develops Risk Based Work Plans, consistent with the inputs from Audit Committee/CEO/Management, to determine the priorities of the Internal Audit activities.
- Schedule Internal Audit’s personnel assignments and submit for the Internal Audit – Vice President’s approval and supervise execution of internal audit plan.
- Manage and supervise Drilling Operations audit assignments from the planning phase till issuance of the final reports and update of the AMS ensuring that audit objectives are fully achieved as intended.
- Manage and supervise technical audits including but not limited to; HSE Audits, Projects Audits, RIAP, Major Maintenance, Preventive & Predictive Maintenance Systems, Assets Integrity, Wireline & Radioactive Activities, other OFS activities, Workshop & process quality audits/reviews etc.
- Manage & supervise assigned special/unplanned Internal Audits, investigations and major fraud reviews as assigned by VPAA.
- Manage the planning, execution and reporting phases of assigned individual Internal Audit activities ensuring that audit objectives are being fully achieved.
- Review and approve the audit programs, working papers and documentation of assigned audit areas.
- Supervise & lead the follow-up audit activities and periodically review and update the status of the management action plans.
- Manage the assigned co-sourced Internal Audit services, monitors performance and administers related activities.
- Monitors the timesheets and regularly update the database.
- Review and edit Internal Audit Reports and submit the same to VP, Audit & Assurance for review and approval.
- Recommend practical improvements options corresponding to the observations with an objective to contribute to the improvement of governance, risks and control processes to assist in the achievement of the company business objectives and ensure adequacy of the corrective actions taken on audit recommendations / improvement options.
- Follow-up on replies to issued draft and final audit reports, review the adequacy of the corrective actions taken on audit recommendations / improvement options for ensuring successful closure of audit issues.
- Provide support to the Secretary of the Audit Committee in arranging Audit Committee meetings, preparing the agenda, and minutes of meetings (MOMs) and reporting on Corporate Governance Framework, General Controls and other related issues as prescribed in the Audit Committee Charter.
- Conduct workshops or presentations to create awareness about IA function and demonstrate value addition across the ADNOC.
- Provide support in the development and implementation of the automated Audit Management System.
- Provide professional advice on Group Companies’ Audit Committee Charter, IA Charter and IA Methodology/Procedures. Provide assistance in the establishment of the Group Audit Committees/IA functions and related governance, when assigned.
- Conduct research and benchmarking to resolve audit issues, identify gaps and support IA function.
- Perform quality review and monitors adherence to approved audit procedures with regards to all functional and administrative activities.
- Participate in Internal Audit Group (IAG) to coordinate and promote knowledge sharing, audit standards, leading practices, common frameworks, methodologies, processes and training programs across ADNOC.
- Assist in preparation of Internal Audit monthly / quarterly / annual progress reports covering various areas including implementation status of Audit Plan, budget performance, audit recommendation’s implementation status, department KPI status, areas of concerns requiring Internal Audit Management’s attention etc.
- Contribute in the development and update of the Audit & Assurance Charter, Audit Methodology and Procedures’ Manual and other governance documents.
- Comply with all UAE, ADNOC, ADNOC Drilling and client Asset Integrity Management codes of practice
- Plan and supervise the activities of the personnel and resources of the Department to achieve the Division objectives in an efficient and cost-conscious manner while ensuring implementation of approved operational plans for the Department in line with Division objectives.
- Develop the knowledge, competencies and innovative spirit in the Department and support the establishment of Personal Development Plans (PDP’s), Succession Planning and Talent pipeline within the Department in coordination with the Human Capability Group to continuously develop employees with emphasis on UAE Nationals to meet Emiratization targets.
Budgets and Operational Plans
- Compile and provide input for preparation of the Division budgets and regularly monitor expenditure against approved Department budget levels.
- Investigate, highlight and reconcile any significant variances to ensure effective performance and cost control.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Lead the implementation of approved Department policies, processes, systems, standards, procedures and internal controls in order to support execution of the Division work programs in line with Company and International standards.
- Implement the Company Performance Management System for individuals within the Department in accordance with Company approved guidelines and continuously monitor the achievement of the Department KPIs related to the approved Annual Performance Management Contract and the Balanced Score Card.
Organisation Structure and Development
- Review and recommend appropriate organisation structure for the Department that will best utilise human capital while proactively incorporating sustainability into the on-going work practices to meet the business objectives.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Encourage innovation, enhance employee motivation and support initiatives for implementation of Change Management to continuously improve operations and services.
- Propose improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the Department.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
- Support the institution of an HSE culture and ensure compliance with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines across the Division in line with international standards, best practices and Corporate Code of Practices and to ensure integrity and safety of assets.
Management Information Systems (MIS) and Reports
- Prepare all Department MIS and progress reports to provide accurate and timely reports and necessary information to Company Management to effectively manage the business.
- COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Contacts with operational level management within all auditable departments throughout ADNOC.
- Frequent contacts within ADNOC at all levels of Management up to SVPs with respect to audit programs, the conduct of the audits, audit reports, findings and recommendations.
- Regular contacts with Management within the assigned ADNOC Group Companies up to Manager level with regards to the Group Company audits.
- Coordinates audits with the concerned Management.
- Contacts with Internal Audit Service Provider(s) to coordinate audit activities, when required.
- Contacts, as required, with Abu Dhabi Accountability Authority (ADAA) regarding government audits.
- Contacts with ADNOC External Auditors and other assurance providers to ensure adequate audit coverage and minimize duplicate efforts.
- Regular contacts with ADNOC Group Companies’ Internal Audit Managers with respect to knowledge sharing of audit standards, frameworks, methodologies, policies, processes and coordination across ADNOC Group Companies.
- Bachelor Degree/Diploma in Engineering, Bachelor in Auditing / Finance / Management or relevant discipline.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
- 15 years of relevant experience in internal auditing, with varied experience in oil and gas operations and their inherent challenges/risks in the context of corporate function with 6 years of experience in supervisory/ managerial role..
- In-depth knowledge of International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) and other standards and their interpretation and application to Internal Auditing practice.
- Extensive experience in interacting with C-Suite including Audit Committee members.
- High interpersonal skills in line with the Corporate Role that requires interaction with all levels of Management in ADNOC and Group Companies.
- High level of proficiency in English (preference for Arabic fluency as well).
- Audit Certifications (e.g. CA, CIA, CISA, CPA) is required.