A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Logistics Officer”.
|Company Name||Binladin Contracting Group|
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree|
|Experience||5 – 7 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||6,500 AED – 7,500 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent|
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
To co-ordinate and supervise all aspects of the logistics supply chain, stores management, development and optimisation of site logistics solutions to meet the needs of the project. The Logistics Officer will be required to manage the movement of people, materials, machinery and plant at the construction site and control site facilities management.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement detailed logistics plans including: routes from the work sites to offload sites for the effective removal of excavated material; the efficient transit of all materials, labour, plant and machinery around the construction site; and the bus routes from the staff accommodation to the work site locations for the manual workforce.
- Plan internal and external logistics routes through the project phases focussing on separation of plant, machines, vehicles and people. Highlight lay down areas and offloading points taking into consideration, movement permissions, road conditions and the impact of traffic on the delivery of the logistics plans.
- Ensure the successful delivery of manual workers to worksite locations, in line with agreed shift patterns.
- Provide on-the-ground co-ordination between the project and the subcontractors. Ensure the subcontractors comply with all company policies and procedures and that any lapses are caught and addressed as early as possible.
- Responsible for the successful removal of excavated material removal process in accordance with company procedures and environmental risk assessments. Regularly update waste management plans to ensure the safe and efficient removal of waste from the construction site.
- Effective distribution of materials from multiple on-site stores locations to construction worksites. Ensure proper distribution and tracking of all small tools, toolboxes and consumables.
- Ensure an adequate provision of portable toilets and sewage removal service and of both potable and construction water and water replenishment service, to deliver potable and construction water to all work sites when required.
- Responsible for all traffic management internally and externally, weighbridges, road network cleanliness and site signage. Ensure signage symbols are internationally recognised. Use multiple languages to ensure signage is understood.
- Maintain an asset register of all plant and machinery. Ensure all plant and machinery are operated safely by trained personnel and in a legally compliant manner and ensure all plant and machinery is inspected, maintained and tested to agreed frequencies. Create booking systems for in demand plant or machinery.
- Organise and conduct site inductions for all staff and visitors. Create appropriate logistics awareness training and deliver to the site workforce.
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and reporting. Ensure a sufficient supply of visitor PPE.
- Any other duties as reasonable requested by the line/function manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or related field
- Minimum five (5) years in the construction industry in the UAE in a similar role
- Minimum three (3) years experience in large projects in the UAE
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- General knowledge of traffic management and signage
- General knowledge of warehouse management and material distribution
- Working knowledge of local authorities requirements (RTA, Dubai Municipality etc.)
- Working knowledge of building materials, construction machinery and plant
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Competent in conflict and crisis management and capacity to deal with complex logistics issues
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Attention to detail
- Current, full UAE driving licence
- Approachable and positive attitude
- Fluent English and Arabic language ability both spoken and written
- First Aid
- Qualification in Traffic Management
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Lifting Supervisor Certification
- May be on-call out of regular office hours or on weekends in case of emergencies or deadlines
- Exposure to hazardous materials, loud noise and extreme heat
- May require travel between project sites
- Physical requirements including standing, walking and lifting