A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “UAE National Internal Auditor”.
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree | CPA | CIA | CA | CFA | CMA | ACCA | ACA|
|Experience||3 – 5 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||25,000 AED – 27,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Job Requisition ID: 128968
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United A”rab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organisation to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day.
We are currently seeking an experienced UAE National audit professional to join our Group Audit team in the capacity of Operational & Financial Auditor.
Group Internal Audit’s primary role is to protect the interest of the owners of the AI Futtaim Group of Companies. Group Internal Audit is an independent appraisal function established within AI Futtaim Group to examine and evaluate its activities as a service to the Group. The objective of Group Internal Audit is to assist management with analysis, appraisals, recommendations, information and consulting concerning the activities reviewed.
Perform Operational and Financial Audit in accordance with the annual audit plan to evaluate:
- The existence, adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls
- Compliance with company policies and operating procedures
- Controls on safeguarding of assets
- Economical and efficient use of resources
- Reliability and Integrity of Information
- Accomplishment of established business objectives
Audit Plans and Programs
- Assist the Audit Manager in the development of annual audit plan by assessing the degree of risk
- Assist in the development of audit program for each audit assignment before commencement of the audit. This should be documented as template in (AMS) with risks, control and tests to be performed
Operational and Financial Audit
- Conduct internal audit assignment for evaluation of adequacy and effectiveness of the system of internal control and quality of performance in carrying out assigned responsibilities in all business processes/segments
- Review the approval process to ensure that Group policies/ procedures and delegations of authorities are complied
- Ensure that assets of the group are safe guarded
Audit Reports and Records
- Documentation of audit work in Audit Management system which can fully support the audit findings
- Prepare professional audit reports which should clearly communicate findings, analysis, appraisals, recommendations and information concerning the activities audited
- Audit Manager should be timely updated with key findings
- Discuss preliminary audit findings with the concerned staff/ management in order to highlight the observations to management and to get their concurrences
- Assist in preparation of executive summary for each engagement along with the detailed report and audit follow up form
- Assist in the preparation of monthly summary report to be presented to Vice Chairman after it has been reviewed by line manager/Group Director – Internal Audit
- Job holder needs to assist in the follow up on the implementation of audit recommendations
Computer Assisted Audit
- Ability to extend audit coverage to a wider and more representative population using computer-based audit techniques. E.g. use of ACL
Human Resource Development
- Achieve high professional standards of audit performance, reports and recommendations in conformity with International Standards of Internal Audit and within the Group’s policy, procedures and long range goals
- Such consulting assignments are performed based on management request in order to establish a fact or to evaluate a specific situation
Frauds, Misappropriations, etc
- Fraud investigation should be conducted in order to identify the loss/exposure, control weaknesses, personnel responsible and recommendation to prevent reoccurrence
Qualifications, Experience, & Skills
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Chartered Accountant (CPA, ACA etc.), ACCA, MBA (FINANCE), CIA, CFA, with knowledge of internal audit function.
- A Minimum of 3 years in internal audit function
- The candidate should have thorough knowledge concept of internal controls and generally accepted internal auditing standards.
- The candidate should be well versed with data analytics through spreadsheets
- The candidate should have a good grasp over verbal and written communication including report writing skills.
- The candidate should be self-driven with ability to effectively execute audit assignments with minimal supervision.
- The candidate should be able to effectively communicate with personnel across the organizational hierarchy and be able to influence business in a constructive manner.
- The candidate should be able to multi-task when situation demands.
- Exposure to ERP software such as SAP and Oracle is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with data analytics software ACL and audit management / documentation systems is desirable.
- Integrity and Honesty
- Can do attitude
- Positive approach
- Team player
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.