A well-known and well-reputed Company “Turner and Townsend” based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Senior Accountant”.
||Turner and Townsend|
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree|
|Experience||5 – 6 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||10,000 AED – 12,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50 – 100 Employees|
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects in over 112 offices in 45 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Senior Accountant reporting to the ME Finance Controller
We require a qualified and technically strong accountant with at least 5 years post qualification experience that includes Project Accounting, WIP analysis, preparing Management Accounts from Trial Balance and will act as a real focal point.
This person will be a strong team player with experience working in an environment with conflicting pressures and heavy workloads and they will be required to work on their own initiative when needing to manage unusual and ad-hoc requirements.
The successful candidate will be a key focal point to the budget holders and project managers in addition to ensuring financial governance standards are met. A minimum of 5 years Middle East based MNC consultancy/construction industry experience is essential.
Key Selected Accountabilities
- Collaborating with Operations, Project profitability, Revenue Trackers, Project Accounting & WIP analysis are key reports to the business.
- Ensure balance sheet reconciliations are maintained with any reconciling variances articulated and managed in accordance with financial reporting standards.
- Month-end Management Accounts and monthly Statutory Income Statement and Balance Sheet submission to Group Head Office to timescale and quality with supporting management commentary.
- Supporting other ad-hoc month end reporting in line with group timetable.
- Revenue Trackers, Income Statement and Cash flow Forecasts.
- Assisting with annual statutory audit.
- Experience of processing General Ledger journal transactions for both Income Statement and Balance Sheet.
- Client invoicing – a critical requirement occurring at a critical time requiring the candidate to manage conflicting time and workload pressures.
- Intercompany account reconciliations with relevant action then being taken where necessary.
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies – both external reporting standards and internal policies.
- Preparation of monthly payroll, including overtime calculations.
- Generation of payroll journals and relevant payroll recons.
- Responding to payroll queries as and when required.
- Good knowledge of UAE VAT and some experience of GCC tax laws and practices will be a significant advantage
Core Behavioural Skills:
The Successful Candidates Will Possess The Following Characteristics
- A challenging mind-set, analytical, methodical with the ability to investigate and interrogate data
- Confident accounting skills, good interpersonal skills to manage business partnering relationships and the ability to manage conflicting requirements
- Must be comfortable with working in a fast-moving, dynamic environment.
- Team player. The team support each and work together where requirements can be simultaneous and conflicting. The ability to work with the team, agree the priorities and manage time pressures are paramount.
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.