A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Finance Manager”.
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree | CPA | CA | ACCA|
|Experience||6 – 7 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||22,000 AED – 25,000AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Department: Finance – Administration
Direct Reporting Line: School Principals and Director of Education
- As Finance Manager, you will oversee the Project’s accounting function, ensuring its efficient operation according to agreed KPI requirement and procedures
- Budgeting, financial governance & compliance and providing advisory support for the Project
- Coordination with School Principals on Financial aspects and having an overview regarding administration of School, Operations and HR Operations
Key Relationships (Internal and External):
- Internal – Director, School Principals, Operations, HR, Taaleem Central Office
- External – Act as primary responsible for relationships with Ministry of Education (MOE), governmental authorities (including Federal Tax Authority), banks, investors and others related to finance, accounts like auditors, ADAA etc
- Manage and direct day-to-day activities of the Finance team to ensure timely delivery of reports and information as mandated by MOE and internal requirements of Taaleem.
- Ensure that the Key Performance Indicators are pursued, monitored regularly and achieved for the Financial responsible areas.
- Provide leadership, direction and management of finance, accounting and budgeting.
- Ensure development of policies on strategic issues that affect the Project’s long-term financial integrity or that have an impact on employees, students, and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate and manage with the PPP Schools’ teams in preparation of annual budgets and implement procedures to maintain tight budget control and have available reports for the Principal on the current budget status.
- Ensure that all financial controls are robust, and audits are completed within stipulated deadlines.
- Keep the daily accounts up to date, so that information can be shared with the MOE, Principal and Central Office Finance team at any given time.
- Managing relationships with professional advisors including Auditors, Bankers, Insurance Brokers, and Facilities Management, suppliers etc.
- Well informed on applicable rules and regulations, to ensure compliance with all relevant aspects of the Public-Private Partnership Schools Project.
- Responsible for submission of monthly reports to MOE with banking reconciliation and other associated reports as required by MOE.
- Inspire, motivate and influence staff and set the highest professional standards.
- Other duties as reasonably expected.
- CA / ACCA / CPA
- Experience in independent handling of Financials, Auditing and Budgeting is essential
- Experience managing teams, internal assignments and project management is essential
- Be able to understand and interpret accounting implications and provide advice on various aspects
- 6 years plus post-qualification experience and a similar role in the Education sector is advantageous
- BIG-4 experience is preferred
- A strong financial and commercial acumen, and the ability to easily analyse and interpret financial data.
- Strong leadership with an ability to delegate and to lead confidently.
- An analytical mind
- Understanding and knowledge of IFRS and taxes (including VAT)
- Able to follow policy and implement structures from a Project perspective
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates good judgement and a calm approach
- Develops and maintains strong and positive relationships
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to be positive yet assertive