A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Senior Engineer, Construction”.
|Company Name||ADNOC Group|
|Qualification||Bachelors | Masters (Civil Engineering)|
|Experience||4 – 5 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||8,500 AED – 10,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent|
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
▪ Plan, direct, manage and supervise the assigned Project Construction team at Das Island through interface, coordination and management of resources to ensure that the projects are executed professionally, cost effectively, to the specified requirements and HSE standards and meeting Shareholders expectations.
▪ This include ensuring that effective mechanisms and resources are in place for the monitoring of projects progress, and provide management directives and guidance towards achieving set objectives, budget and Project schedule.
▪ Monitor and track documents received from Projects and replies sent. Follow up and monitor Projects related activities progress and ensure compliance to ADNOC-LNG HSE procedures.
▪ Monitor all actions generated to the department and projects/schemes/minor modifications on the execute stage.
Job Specific Accountabilities
- Plan, direct and supervise all the Projects from initial phase to completion; overall construction activities of all ongoing Projects ensuring adherence to safety.
- Ensure timely delivery of planned construction activities within approved budgets in the most cost effective manner, including the works of Project Management Consultants, contractors and vendors/licensors.
- Direct and monitor the timely and successful commissioning of projects and onward handover to the Plant Operations/other Divisions.
- Provide input, review the Construction Management Plans; provide visibility to the Project Manager on the project status for planned activities and assigned responsibilities and budgeted resources; ensure that Project execution & construction plans are prepared overseeing Plant Major overhaul/shutdown impacts and manage complexity issues.
- Prepare business case studies, plan and justification for C&MR schemes within Projects Division.
- Plan the staffing requirements and propose resource planning for handling various projects; and employee’s periodic performance reviews.
- Provide scope definition for subcontracts, propose required supervision manpower and define project roles and responsibilities; Provide input during the staffing process related to the scope of work.
- Manage the assigned PMC team and ensure that an effective mechanism and resources are in place for the monitoring of projects progress, construction activities, and provide project management directives and guidance towards achieving set objectives.
- Maintain and ensure construction team’s effective communication link between Plant Divisions (Plant Operations / Plant Maintenance / Technical Services) and consultant/contractor to resolve any interface issues.
- Develop and actively implement processes and procedures for streamlining and standardization of project related activities through the project life cycle to ensure that they are best suited to the business requirement and are aligned with company objectives.
- Manage and supervise the Technical BIDs evaluation involving the concerned discipline within and from other relevant Divisions.
- Proactively support the Project Managers/Senior Project Engineers, Construction Team Leaders and Project Team with the resources required to execute the work efficiently.
- Liaise with Procurement and Finance Divisions regarding any contractual and financial matters related to the ongoing projects
- Manage the scope & design changes that may arise during the project to minimize cost and schedule impacts; review and approve as appropriate, request for changes to standard processes, procedures, systems, or tools by Projects and Construction Team.
- Review project’s budget and support cost budget prepared prior to submitting it for final approval.
- Reviews projects evaluation regarding changes to scope, variation orders, Engineering and Construction Contracts, claims and makes necessary recommendations
- Monitor and control progress of the assigned Projects and guides the projects teams to ensure timely completion within approved budgets while meeting design specification, QA/QC and HSE standards.
- Ensure adherence of the Project Construction Team members (including contractors) to AIRMS, HSEMS/HSE plans and QMS/Quality Plans while the projects and construction activities are being managed by the department. This includes that all Company codes, regulations, and engineering practices as well as particular project specifications are adhered to by consultants, contractors and their employees.
- Audit the execution performance of the Projects to maintain control over Project’s schedule & budget.
- Monitor performance of Engineering & Construction contractors and make necessary recommendations for corrective actions/continues improvements to Management & Shareholders.
- Control the implementation of operational methods and procedures of Project & Construction Management and coordination. Recommend any required changes/modifications to the methods and procedures controlling the Division’s/Departments operations.
- Demonstrate appropriate levels of knowledge and responsibility regarding Technical and Operational Integrity processes of AIRMS.
- Ensure all applicable contracted insurances are valid liaising with concerned parties prior EPC site activities and valid as well.
- Carry out all applicable HSE Monitoring & Reporting such as PTW, HSEO.
- Participate on all applicable VAP requirements in relation to construction aspects in legalization with Project Manager.
- Act as applicable and coverage of the Engineer, Construction.
- Ensure full compliance to other tasks, not mentioned above, that assigned from line manager.