A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Head Accountant”.
|Qualification||Bachelors | Masters|
|Experience||5 – 7 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||15,000 AED – 20,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Kennedy Property Group is an innovative real estate group headquartered in Dubai, UAE. We use the latest technology to enhance the quality and the efficiency of our service. This position will oversee the accounting team for our short term rental company Kennedy Towers. This is the largest short term rental property management company in the UAE. We manage properties on behalf of independent property owners and lease their properties to guests on a short-term, flexible basis. We are searching for a passionate, enthusiastic and positive individual with a proven track record to lead our accounting team.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Full Responsibilities: Oversee the full spectrum of financial and cost accounting functions – Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables, Management Accounting, forecasting, budgeting etc. Responsible for day to day finance and accounts operations and the overall output of the accounts team.
- Team Management: Managing a team of 5 accountants including 2 accounts receivable executives, 2 accounts payable executives and an internal auditor.
- Accounts Receivable: Overseeing the accounts payable team to ensure the correct accounting and categorization of all forms of inbound revenue from all different forms of payment collection channels.
- Accounts Payable: Overseeing the output of the accounts payable team to monitor and control internal company expenses and the property related expenses of our clients.
- Management Accounting: Overseeing the production of the monthly P&L and cash flow statements within set deadlines. Overseeing the production of the quarterly Balance Sheet.
- Tax Accounting: Full responsibility for the company’s VAT liability across all appliable forms of revenue. Responsibility for the company’s tourism fees in accordance with local regulations.
- Client Communication: This role will be the voice of the finance department to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Aligning Systems: Overseeing the work of our internal auditor to align to finances of our accounting systems, our property management systems, our customer relationship management systems and government taxation systems.
- External Auditors: Coordinating with our external auditors to ensure the successful completion of our annual account statements.
- Transitioning Accounting Software: This role will oversee the transition of the company from Sage to Quickbooks which will take place throughout 2022.
The Successful Applicant:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics. CPA preferred.
- Experience: A minimum of 5 years’ experience with an accounting consultancy firm (Big Four or equivalent) is preferred. A minimum of 2 years in a management position is essential.
- Software: The ideal candidate would have experience with Sage and QuickBooks.
- Communication Skills: A calm temperament with the ability to communicate complicated information coherently and effectively. An exceptional email communication manner and experience dealing with high profile clients on email is preferred.
- Organization Skills: The candidate must demonstrate exceptional organization skills and attention to detail.
- Team Management: Experience managing a team effectively to maximize productivity preferred in addition to experience in identifying and recruiting candidates for the accounting function.
What’s on Offer:
- Competitive Salary: Between AED 15,000 – AED 20,000 per month based on experience.
- Annual Discretionary Bonus Structure: Based on performance across key accounting deliverables and deadlines across the year.
- Discounted Accommodation: Applicants can benefit from large discounts on residential properties managed by Kennedy Towers.
- Commission: Options to generate additional income are available including property listing fees of AED 2000 per onboarded property and AED 1000 per retained property.