A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Senior Financial Analyst”.
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree|
|Experience||5 – 7 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||10,000 AED – 12,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
This person will have overall responsibility for the accounting function for service, as well as for the compliance and administration of service entities and will be based in Dubai. They will have accountability and custody of the service accounting data and records across these Middle East entities. The incumbent must possess a proven track record for timely delivery, continuous process improvement and stakeholder management. The individual is someone who will bring knowledge and professionalism to the position as well as have the discipline to drive results and follow established fundamental processes. Understand the Middle East and the legal requirements of working in the region, specifically Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Egypt & Qatar.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure the Smiths Code of Corporate Responsibility and Business Ethics is upheld in all activities.
- Maintaining books of accounts and ensuring that accounting transactions are recorded in line with International Accounting Standards (IAS).
- Responsible for accounting information as per International Accounting Standards (IAS). Due attention will be paid to Smiths Groups accounting policies and procedures while processing accounting transactions for the entity.
- Support various stakeholders in month end and year-end financial analysis and will provide explanations to key information and data resulting from variances to different balances.
- Ensure that all accounting information is captured accurately within the timetables set for month end and year end reporting.
- Manage communication and expectations with support from Shared Service Centre.
- Maintain all general ledger balances and schedules on a monthly basis and will reconcile all outstanding matters on a timely basis.
- Support various stakeholders during the preparation of budgets and forecasts and will provide information to support assumptions and estimates in compiling these budgets and forecasts.
- Administration of payroll for all staff including employee claims and deductions and will ensure that all disbursed amounts are adequately backed up with necessary approvals.
- Will be the key point of support for detailed internal and external audits for the service entities.
- Will be responsible for the preparation of local statutory financial statements for all service entities.
- Will submit and comply with all tax regulations on a timely basis.
- Provide ad hoc information and reports to support business decisions as and when requested for by the Financial Controller.
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- Related experience in a senior finance role with a background from a big 4 audit firm preferable.
- Experience of working in a multinational and multicultural environment is an advantage.
- Language skills in English and Arabic is a must
- Knowledge of accounting standards
- Direct experience of Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Egypt and Kuwait preferable
- Accountancy Qualification
- University degree in Accounting or related field
- SAP experience is an advantage
- Computer proficient in Ms Office
- Organised and results driven
- Ability to work under pressure and strict deadlines
- Self-motivated, reliable, and accountable
- Solid communication skills, both verbal and written
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers’ evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
About Smiths Detection
Smiths Detection is a global leader in threat detection and screening technologies for aviation, ports and borders, urban security and defence. With more than 40 years of field-tested experience, we deliver the solutions needed to protect society from the threat and illegal passage of explosives, prohibited weapons, contraband, toxic chemicals and narcotics. Every minute of every day our technology and our people make the world a safer place. Smiths Detection is part of Smiths Group, a global leader in applying advanced technologies to markets in threat as well as contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications and engineered components. Smiths Group employs around 23,000 people in more than 50 countries.