A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Logistics Manager”.
|Company Name||Adam General Trading|
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree| Masters Degree | MBA|
|Experience||6 – 10 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||20,000 AED – 25,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent|
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
We are looking for an experienced and qualified Logistics Manager for our business unit.
The Logistic Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the department. This individual will play a key role in controlling our freight costs in an inflationary environment by driving creative solutions with transportation partners and our internal team.
· Directly manage all day to day operations within the Logistics department.
· Manage efficient logistics operations liaising with internal & external stakeholders & logistics service providers for all import & export of the business to assure on timely delivery, as well as the timely customs clearance of goods.
· Require to efficiently evaluate the costs of transportation (air /water & land) and suggest the cost effective one to the Management while considering the transportation mode and situation urgency.
· Will be completely responsible for all customs related activities (both direct & indirect), related documentation, related all type of report submission, arranging related gate passes etc. Wherever required go and meet the officials and get the required work done.
· Maintain close and direct relationship with various third party logistics service providers in UAE
· Request vessel schedule & ensure on timely delivery of import & export at optimal cost.
· Ensure strong follow up process & avoid extra warehouse cost, container demurrage cost, penalties & ensure compliance with UAE regulations.
· Develop and maintain transportation system so as to ensure that business needs are met on time.
· Handle all activities related to Customs & documentation at JAFZA, Dubai Ports &Customs
· Ensure Company is in compliance with laws and regulations regarding transportation, including hazardous materials. Resolve any legal issues pertaining to transportation/distribution.
· Maintain import-export & logistics data bases
· Preparation and maintaining all the department required documents
· Ensure logistics staff & service providers are in line with company safety rules & procedure
· Ensure weekly & monthly logistics performance & status update report & with detailed cost & saving breakdowns.
· Hands-on leader in critical situations; must personally engage around urgent shipments and risky situations
· To undertake any additional responsibilities or duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
· Expertise in logistics management and best practices
· Sound knowledge and experience in handling all tobacco / cigarette related materials
· Strong Leadership skills
· Excellent planning, organization and problem-solving skills
· Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
· Must have the ability to work independently with little guidance
· Must be able to perform job duties with a sense of urgency
· Must have great attention to detail while working to a deadline
· Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
· Excellent command of English
Requisite Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree / Master’s degree in Supply Chain, Logistic management, MBA or a relevant field is preferable.
· Work experience: 6-10 years’ working in similar industry or similar position.