A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Chief Financial Officer”.
||The Pet Shop LLC|
|Qualification||Masters Degree (Relevant Subject) | CPA|
|Experience||5 – 7 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||13,000 AED – 15,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Over the last 10 years, The Pet Shop has made a real difference in the pet community and helping pet parents along their journey. This is a great opportunity to join the largest dedicated pet retailer in the region, with 6 retail stores, a high-volume eCommerce business unit, and a mobile app. This role will help shape the bright future for the business and industry.
Must have 10+ years of experience as a financial executive and leader with industry experience. Must be a visionary and creative person with sound judgment and technical skills, analytical ability, and ability to focus and prioritize multiple – and sometimes competing – projects. High moral and ethical standards are required.
Must be well organized and efficient, decisive, intelligent, and able to articulate well; must possess outstanding communication skills and the ability to work well with people. Should be an outstanding educator and mentor and a skilled negotiator.
This role is securing end-to-end financial integrity of the company performance, world-class governance, and financial discipline. The key deliverable for the CFO is to add value via creating maximum insight into the financial performance of the company. Support the company to create, develop and deliver the Strategic and Budget Plan targets in terms of Growth, Earnings, ROTA, Cash, and WIC. This role leads the establishment of a solid and sound control mindset and culture across the business and leads.
The CFO has primary responsibility for ensuring that appropriate internal controls procedures are in place, enforced, reviewed and corrective actions are taken periodically for conformance to accounting and financial standards and applicable regulations. The CFO is ultimately responsible for the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of the organization’s financial reporting.
The CFO is responsible for The Petshop LLC, Petsville, and any future acquisitions into the group
· Add value to the business via creating maximum insight into the financial performance. Provide sound financial analysis that accompanies the investment programs. Support the business to create, develop and deliver the Strategic and Budget Plan targets in terms of Growth, Earnings, ROTA, Cash, and WIC. Provide a financial perspective to business decisions.
· Enable the effective delivery of business results.
· Prepare financial plans, annual and monthly budgets.
· Support the departments to prepare an investment plan in line with the company’s strategic objective.
· Be responsible to prepare funding options for business plans.
· Support marketing, retail, product, and e-commerce functions with brand/SKU, customer profitability, effective budget management, and ROI.
· Assess feasibility of new locations and new service units.
· Support logistics and operations departments for cost management and WIC.
· Create and drive “Financial” standards and metrics across the company.
· Develop and deliver mechanisms that develop superior finance functional competency
· Assess current finance capabilities and be fully responsible for managing the finance function.
· Specific accountability:
· Accounts Payable
· Fixed assets
· Data administration
· General Accounting and Reporting
· Tax, Treasury and Risk Management
· Audit Framework, Internal Controls
· Cost Reduction Programs
· Currency hedging and FX management
· Strategic planning
· Ensuring world-class governance and internal control environment across the company.
· Ensures that processes needed for the financial management system are established, implemented, and maintained, and reports to the CEO and Board of Directors on the performance of the financial management system and reports any need for its improvement.
· Ensures proper maintenance of books of accounts and reports in accordance with the local and international accounting standards.
· Creates and reviews all period-end activities to ensure the period-end financial statements accurately reflect the results of the Company’s activities.
· Review of account balances on monthly basis.
· Maintain the books of accounts to reflect the true and fair value of the Company.
Cash, WIC, Treasury management
· Oversees cash management processes to ensure proper cash availability and best practices in cash management.
· Oversees working capital and makes sure adequate funds are maintained to ensure smooth business flow.
· Oversees the Company’s financial investment in inventories and assists in developing and reviewing the INVENTORY MANAGEMENT PLAN.
· Reviews lease/buy considerations for capital equipment.
· Assesses risks and exposure due to business conducted in foreign currency and take adequate steps to mitigate the forex loss
· Liaise with Bank for day-to-day activities and trade functions.
· Sets and oversees the process of providing and/or receiving Trade Documents and is responsible for all related bank communication and transactions.
Budgets and Forecasts
· Prepares forecasted financial statements and prepares reports and recommendations to Top Management and the Board of Directors concerning forecasted financial statements.
MIS and Statutory Reporting
· Reviews and approves requests for financial statements and any other proprietary, confidential, and/or sensitive financial information, the Risk Management Plan, and all reconciliations.
· Analyzes financial statements and prepares reports and recommendations to Top Management and the Board of Directors concerning financial performance.
· Ensures that corrective actions are taken in a timely manner and that the company is in compliance with the country’s law, and approves and signs all financial statements, financial reports, and tax returns.
· Arranges and chairs financial management meetings and prepares financial reports and presentations for scheduled financial management meetings.
· Is the main point of contact between the Company and the External Auditor and coordinates Company audit activities and responses.
· Prepares and submits all financial statements as required by Law and by Management
Key Functional Skills/Knowledge
· Analysis and Evaluation of Business Activities Portfolio (including tradeoff management)
· Planning and Modeling
· Cost Accounting and Budget Management
· Business Processes and Information Technologies Effectiveness
· Strategic Business / Financial Management
· Statutory accounting and financial controls
· Data mgmt. and reporting
· Financial Planning and Modelling
· Business Analysis
· Systems and Process
· Undergraduate Degree, ( CPA, Masters, Accounting degree desired but not a must)
Decision Making Authority and Impact
· Signs off on CAPEX and all financial decisions to the approval of the CEO & the Board.
· Decision-making around Compliance.
· Improvements on WIC.
· Improvements in business processes.
· Improvements on business control frameworks.
People Management Responsibility
· Manages the finance team directly
· Interact with all other relevant stakeholders (such as other department heads and the board).
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalized CV to further boost your visibility.