A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Assistant Buyer”.
|Company Name||Majid Al Futtaim|
|Experience||1 – 2 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||4,500 AED – 5,500 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent|
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
The Associate Buyer supports the Buyer with all procurement-related tasks such as selecting the right product mix, vendor communication, managing purchase orders, monitoring inventory, receipt of items and follow up on supplier payments, preparing budgets and providing administrative support to the Buying function.
- Assist the Buyer in researching and selecting brands/ products in line with the overall merchandise direction and defined financial objectives.
- Support the buyer in managing business relationships with vendors, providing communication on performance, in-store displays, deliveries, payment and information on general enquiries.
- Compile all necessary sales reports, data and feedback for upcoming buying trips at department/ brand/ category level, demonstrating insight on areas of opportunity and risk.
- Propose re-orders to the buyer providing all information to relevant parties in the planning and supply chain.
- Assist store team to enhance customer service, by placing special orders and providing information on stock availability and product knowledge.
Financial & Standards
- Maintain accurate records of vendor agreements, trading terms and delivery windows.
- Ensure the intake margin of the delivered goods, and the pricing is as per the agreed conditions.
- Ensure timely deliveries and smooth flow of merchandise to stores. Pay regular visits to the warehouse, resolving any shipment discrepancies, delays and faulty merchandise with vendors.
- Ensure that the order confirmation is matching the initial order and communicate any discrepancy to the vendor.
- Contribute and support the business in achieving the Dare Today, Change Tomorrow sustainability strategy.
- Be aware of buying trends and customer preferences to support the Buying team effectively.
- Consolidate all training material and maintain a training calendar to ensure sales staff are educated and informed on all trends and brands.
- Provide regular communication with stores, providing accurate knowledge and information to sales team to communicate with customers.
- Stock availability
- Delivery fulfillment
- Launch timeliness
- Accuracy of inventory / data
- Sustainability Initiatives
Functional / Technical Competencies
- Systems savvy / computer literacy
- Retail understanding
- Negotiation skills
- Time management
- Graduate in the field of Business, Fashion or Marketing
- 1-2 years in a similar role
- Experience in allocation and stock management in the Fashion / Home industry is an advantage.