A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Learning & Development Manager”.
|Company Name||Al Futtaim|
|Qualification||Masters Degree | Bachelors Degree | CIPD|
|Experience||3 – 5 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||15,000 AED – 18,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent|
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Job Requisition ID: 128281
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United A”rab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organisation to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day.
Lead and support learning programmes and development strategies for the business through effective coordination with the Regional Learning & Development Manager and HR Business Partners. Focus on the development and maintenance of the IKEA training plan and individual development plans to secure excellence in business competency.
- Facilitate all orientation programmes for new co-workers and HR specific updates – using the Hej folder
- Ensure that candidates receive induction within their first three months using the Basic Job Knowledge and successfully complete their probation
- Train, develop, coach and mentor all co-workers in accordance with the IKEA culture.
- Create and coordinate Induction plans for the new managers starting in the business
- Be the champion for technical and behavioural skills development
- Effectively manage all business specific training requirements and ensure Training is delivered to the required standard
- Implement post-course assessment and action plans for the candidates following the in house trainings courses to measure the productivity of the time spent in trainings
- Lead the learning and development process in the store by working in a proactive way.
- Responsible for maintaining the co-workers knowledge on current training initiatives and trends via external networking (Inter-IKEA Systems B.V, toolbox) and the Al-Futtaim Training Centre.
- Design training programs in line with the development requirements for the co-workers in the store (customer service expectations, on the floor trainings sessions) across all co-workers including night shifts
- Incorporate the training programs in the Commercial calendar as per the activities happening in the store
- Pro-actively manage attendance/non attendance to training programmes
- Work with the regional L&D manager to support the AFTC curriculum of courses
- Understand the ICSS results and suggest plans for improvement where necessary
- Spend time with the line managers on the shop floor to understand their needs in terms of people development as per the business requirements
- Organise team building activities to support the engagement of the co-workers and managers
- Provide feedback to managers on their effectiveness of delivering training and improving performance
- Maintain all administrative records relating to employee trainings (Training Matrix) and control all administration related to training for the store.
- Support the enrolment process for all IKEA Business College training.
- Coordinate with the AFTC enrolment of the co-workers and managers for trainings
- Maintain a good communication with the co-workers through Information boards and newsletters
- responsible for the management and development of the co-workers and managers ensuring that all are adequately competent and motivated.
- Support the managers with the performance management, contribute to develop performance improvement plans for the poor performers
- Get involved in the employee engagement survey and act as a champion in improving the results related to Training and Development and motivation of the co-workers
- Support and coordinate all management and co-worker development plans.
- Support the implementation of the succession planning program and support the managers to coach and train the candidates to become ready to take on more senior positions
- Support Line Managers in executing development training for identified succession candidates.
- Have a strategic eye for talent planning and communication with suggestions for the line managers in terms of succession plan.
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Human Resource , Psychology or Business Management Degree
- CIPD qualification desirable
- IKEA experience is essential
- Must have a minimum of 3 – 5 years L&D management experience, retail preferred
- Must have strong mediation and counselling skills
- Must have strategic, analytical and tactical abilities
- Must have strong project management & change management skills and be able to communicate effectively
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.