A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Category Manager”.
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree|
|Experience||6- 8 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||18,000 AED – 20,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent|
|Company Size||500-1000 Employees|
noon.com is a technology leader with a simple mission: to be the best place to buy and sell things. In doing this we hope to accelerate the digital economy of the Middle East, empowering regional talent and businesses to meet the full range of consumers online needs.
noon operates without boundaries; we are aggressively and voraciously ambitious. Starting in 2017 with noon.com, the region’s homegrown e-commerce platform and leading online shopping destination, noon is now a digital ecosystem of products and services – noon, noon Daily, noon Food, NowNow, SIVVI, noon VIP, and noon Pay.
We are creating the Middle East’s local digital champion and are looking for world-class talent to join our team.
What you’ll do:
- Define overall category roadmap & vision; identify the right growth levers to scale categories exponentially.
- Directly responsible for achieving the revenue, P&L, CR targets for the category.
- Proven track record in expanding Assortment, inventory planning & driving price leadership, key partnerships, on-time launches, and monetization.
- Ensure best-in-class customer experience through compelling category assortment, strong site merchandising, world-class PDP- s, inspiring content, and excellent knowledge of consumer journeys for your category
- Develop a deep and long-standing relationship with sellers/brands to identify and address gaps in their offerings, increase their engagement in campaigns, and increase adoption of noon tools/platforms.
- Being seller obsessed-Listen to seller feedback, challenges, and needs and partner with cross-functional teams (e.g., product, site operations, seller support, etc.) to continuously improve the platform and experience and drive relationships from the strategic to the tactical.
- Drive cross-functional actions and deliver results by partnering closely with teams such as product, marketing, ops, customer service, legal, seller teams to deliver the best shopping experience.
- Experience in project ownership and using customer data to identify and prioritize opportunities.
- Stay up-to-date with regional competitors and global business trends, reviewing critical information as it becomes available and innovating the product offering which will help shape the category on the platform.
- Leading and developing talent: Manage, coach, and train a team of high-performing account managers & BDE’s that continuously exceeds their goals and wins together.
What you’ll need:
- You have 6-8 years of successful sales business development experience, preferably in e-commerce, marketplace, or offline retail with P&L management. Experience in electronics is a plus.
- You have 3+ years of experience in building & managing teams.
- Having a strong bias for action & resourcefulness is paramount Noon is growing at a very rapid pace & you need to be delivering meaningful measurable results by overcoming broad constraints all the time.
- You have demonstrated the ability to work as part of a cross-functional & cross-cultural team, to drive positive outcomes.
- You are assertive, adaptable, demonstrate initiative, and self-motivated in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities to deliver results & overcome constraints.
- You are very detail-oriented, structured, and know how to prioritize you are ssomeone who delivers solutions and strive towards clearing bottlenecks. You are a strategic thinker too able to set a direction and then get others behind it.
- You are willing to do anything necessary for the category to succeed, including working on the warehouse floor when you are short-staffed to making a customer delivery or to take customer calls.
- No job is too insignificant, no detail is too small for you.
- You can interact with senior-level executives and can manage the expectations of multiple stakeholders. You are someone energized by the unknown and look forward to learning each day on the job.
- You have excellent analytical, problem-solving and demonstrated ability to use data to make recommendations and drive decisions, and always like to be hands-on with several dashboards.
- SQL knowledge is preferred.
Who will excel?
· We’re looking for candidates who thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment.
· We’re searching for problem solvers, people who operate with a bias for action and have a deep understanding of the importance of resourcefulness over reliance.
· Candor is our only default. Demanding unequivocal high standards should be non-negotiable because quality matters. We want people who are radically candid, cohorts who commit to settling for nothing but the best – in hiring, in accepting work from colleagues, and in your own work.
· Ours is not an easy mission, but it is a meaningful one. Every hire must actively raise the bar of talent in the company to help us reach our vision.