A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Engineer, IT Systems “.
||Borouge – Abu Dhabi|
|Qualification||BSc Degree (IT) | CCNA | CCNP | CCIE | CNE | MCSE|
|Experience||8 – 9 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||8,500 AED – 10,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
To provide efficient and specialized level-2 support for network, telecom, and security operation-related complex incidents, requests, and problems by providing effective resolutions to guarantee the IT Systems reliability and availability and maintain smooth business operations, and reduce downtime.
- Perform 2nd Line of support for complex incidents, requests, and problems of network, telecom, and security operation areas and ensure the closure of service requests, incidents, and Change Requests within the Target Resolution Time as per the Service Level Agreement.
- Ensure incidents are resolved completely with an accurate resolution to minimize repeated incidents. Fix problems reported for IT network, telecom, and security operation from the problem manager by performing Root Cause Analysis to provide a permanent solution.
- Assist in defining the network and telecom services requirements for current and short-term use. Consolidate all requirements to ensure optimum use of resources, efficient services, and cost-effective configuration.
- Prepare the requirements and specifications for network, telecommunications, and security operation services for projects.
- Prepare and review network, telecom, and security operation capacity plan on a yearly basis based on the approved policies, procedures, and business plan for the respective period
- Monitor and review network, telecommunication, and security operation configurations to ensure the highest availability of services, particularly in the case of Priority 1 Incidents, and to minimize the impact of such incidents on operations.
- Identify and promote the introduction of new technologies especially in the area of integration of data and voice communications in order to enhance the service and optimize the network resources utilization.
- Review the company requirements for telecommunication services including the definition of equipment layout, appropriate capacity, expandability, and network parameters such as transmission and routing plans.
- Plan and coordinate efficient integration of data communications for various mainframe computers, terminals, local area networks, personal computers, etc. into the network in order to provide flexible and reliable communications to support information transfer.
- Conduct feasibility studies and recommend new network, telecommunications, and security operations projects to management to improve telecommunications services and information transfer.
- Remain up-to-date with international standards and codes for network, telecommunication, and security operation and ensures that the company’s standards are updated.
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Electronic Engineering or relevant.
Minimum Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- Minimum 8 years relevant work experience is required, preferably from the Oil, Gas/Petrochemical Industries
- Good knowledge of latest development in network, telecom, and security systems (Cisco, Webex, CISCO Jabber, F5, Firewall, riverbed, Palo alto…)
- Excellent knowledge of network and telecom systems backup and recovery scenarios and Data Center related solutions and technologies.
- Sound knowledge of network program code performance tuning
- Good understanding and awareness of IT Systems
- Certification in MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, or CNE is a must
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certificate is highly recommended