A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Senior Auditor”.
||Majid Al Futtaim|
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree | CPA | CIA | CA | ACCA|
|Experience||5 – 6 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||12,000 AED – 15,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Majid Al Futtaim invites you to join us in our quest to create great moments for everyone, everyday! We are the leading shopping mall, residential communities, retail and leisure pioneer across the Middle East, Africa and Asia, serving over 560 million visitors a year. For the past two decades, we have shaped the consumer landscape across the region, transforming the way people shop, live and play, while maintaining a strong sustainability track record and the largest mall in the world to attain LEED Gold EBOM Certification. We have over 40,000 team members in 15 international markets representing over 100 nationalities – all keeping the customer at the heart of everything we do. If you enjoy being BOLD, PASSIONATE and TOGETHER, then Majid Al Futtaim is the destination for you.
Review and evaluate the organization’s internal controls, processes, policies and mechanisms to ensure that they are adequate, effective and in compliance with Company Policies and Procedures. The resource is expected to support Director IA in establishing a world class audit function at MAF LEC that performs audits consistent with IIA Standards and Audit Charter and that are closely aligned with group strategy and objectives
Role Details – Key Responsibilities And Accountabilities
- Perform financial, operational, compliance audits and ad hoc assignments.
- Develop and enhance sector based knowledge.
- Preparation of system notes for process under review using narratives and/or flow charts and assist in identification of key risks and controls in place to mitigate such risk.
- Assist in the development of risk-based audit programs.
- Assist in the development of detailed audit work papers incorporating test schedules to ensure that the audit objectives are met.
- Completion of audit steps/tests assigned to self within agreed time budgets. Keeping the in-charge / Manager informed of progress for any project time extension.
- Ensure that all work papers are prepared and adequate, clear and relevant evidence obtained to sufficiently support the audit conclusion. All work papers should have been properly referenced.
- Gather data for internal audit through a variety of methods including interviews, financial research, downloads, analysis, etc.
- Based on evidence gathered and testing performed conclude clearly on each step assigned bearing in mind that the internal controls being tested are suitable, efficient and effective and the audit objective has been met.
- Responsible for discussing and validating any audit exceptions /weakness/concerns highlighted during reviews with client during the fieldwork. Ensure the same is documented in the teammate exceptions. Quantify where possible the value of impact and incorporate them in the exception.
- Prepare the List of Observations (including Appendix) and accompany Manager to Exit meetings to discuss list of Observations.
- Assess, where applicable, compliance with the International Accounting Standards (IAS), Regulatory requirements, Company Policies & Procedures and DoA etc.
- Contribute to the identification of key risks and controls during each audit project and evaluate and report on the adequacy and effectiveness of the entity internal controls.
- Attend entrance meeting with the Audit Manager and ensure that client is aware of the complete audit process.
- Determine scope of review and audit objectives in conjunction with the Project In-Charge.
- Identify new/emerging risks if any and appraise Project In-Charge and determine whether the same warrants any additional work.
- Facilitate Audit Manager in preparing audit reports.
- Ensure compliance with the Internal Audit Departmental standards and Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure compliance with Company Policies and Procedures.
- Develop and maintain strong rapport with key operating and corporate associates.
- Quality and timeliness of audit projects
- Quality and timeliness of audit reports
- Quality and timeliness of Ad hoc requests
- Contribute to enhancing the audit process
- Enhance business know-how
- Develop technical and soft skills
Other Context (if Applicable)
- To prepare the relevant reports for the management.
- Share Knowledge with team members, work together for high professional standard and quality service.
- To ensure smooth information flow between internal team, functions and Business Units.
- Support the department in working towards improving overall service level by continuously identifying areas of improvement and innovation.
- Maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Active participation in projects, task assigned by the management.
- Maintain all the official documents (Contracts, SLA, Agreements, etc.) in the most confidential way and make it available to HODs, as and when required.
- Maintain confidentiality, integrity and availability of information in line with MAF LEC information security policies and procedures in order to protect information from any disclosure or misuse.
- As per Majid Al Futtaim Competency Framework
Personal Characteristics and Required Background:
- 5-6 years’ audit experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- Professional accounting/auditing qualification i.e.CA, CPA, CIA, ACCA or its equivalent Experience: