A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Project Manager (IT)”.
||Borouge – Abu Dhabi|
|Qualification||BSc Degree (IT) | CFA | CPA | CMA | PMP|
|Experience||12 – 15 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||25,000 AED – 27,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Lead and manage the IT Projects Dept. is responsible for delivering IT projects by providing overall direction and management to designated IT Project Managers, to ensure that the projects are delivered as per business specifications and within the constraints of scope, time and cost. The Manager (Dept.) IT Projects ensures alignment of IT Projects Department with the business strategy and IT strategy.
- Direct project managers in driving the projects from initiation through planning and procurement leading to the successful closure of IT projects.
- Control the approved budget/investment for IT projects to ensure minimal deviation of expenses from the budgeted amount.
- Follow-up the completion of project milestones and deliverables to ensure projects are aligned to baseline measures.
- Govern the end-to-end project execution by complying to risk assessment standards to ensure minimal downtime during execution.
- Establish and monitor systems to recruit, train and develop skilled project managers within the department to ensure the skills are up to date and adequate to deal with future needs and that Borouge retains a well-motivated, flexible, and professional staff.
- Perform role of counselor and coach, provide input and guidance into the staffing process, participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices.
- Formulate the performance contracts of the team members and assess their performance against their defined KPIs to ensure that they are working towards achieving the dept. objectives.
- Develop effective relationships with relevant external bodies, regulatory authorities, suppliers, etc., to ensure that Borouge and IT dept. interests are optimized and where relevant provided for the smooth completion of IT projects where suppliers are involved.
- Evaluate the monthly reports generated by respective project managers to ensure that the projects are running on track with respective milestone completion and task achievements.
- Expertise in Project management methodologies like PMBOK and Prince2.
- Good Knowledge of IT-related technologies, solutions, and best practices within project management.
- Sound knowledge of Borouge line of business operations.
- Understanding of Oil & Gas industry operations
Minimum Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- BSc Degree in Business, Computer Science or equivalent.
- 12-15 years of IT experience with 5-7 years of project management experience and at least 1-2 yrs. of managing the department.
- Certification in PMP and PgMP is recommended.
- Experience in leading and directing multi-discipline project teams.
- Prior experience in an oil/gas company is an added advantage
- To be certified in Project Management; i.e. PMP, etc.
- To be certified in Financial Management; i.e. CFA, CPA, CMA, etc.
- To be certified in Human Resources; i.e. GPHR, SPHR, HRPM, CIPD, FKHRI, etc.