A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Laboratory Secretary I Healthcare I”.
|Experience||2 – 3 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||6,000 AED – 8,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent|
|Company Size||500-1000 Employees|
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group ’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organisation to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate. By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
- Responsible for typing and filing of Clinical Laboratory reports on all patients
- Must be responsible in scanning files in the laboratory including patient results, laboratory letters, and laboratory invoices
- Responsible for maintaining and updating all files
- Retrieves information as requested
- Responsible for calling and/or mailing copies of test results of outpatients to the attending physician
- Responsible to follow results of send out test
- Verifies the accuracy of all invoices from outside reference laboratories
- Responsible for answering the phone professionally and receiving and relaying messages, answering general questions and referring all other questions to the appropriate staff members
- Complies, the daily, monthly and yearly statistics
- Greets public in professional manner at all times
- Maintains a good working relationship within the departments and with other departments and with physicians
- Has a working knowledge of medical terminology
- Opens, sorts, reviews and distributes mail
- Duplicates material using photo copy machine when needed
- Responsible for the typing of reports, forms, correspondence
- Maintains supplies, orders as necessary
- Regularly reviews office procedures and implements revisions as appropriate
- While at work, (and while on work premises) an Employee shall:
- Take reasonable care of their own Health & Safety.
- Take reasonable care of the health and safety of others and the environment that may affect by their acts or omission at work
- Familiarize, understand, co-operate and comply with OSH policies, procedures with respect to any instruction and/or comply with OSH requirements which are relevant to their workplace
- Report to their immediate supervisors any situation which they have reason to believe could present a hazard and which they cannot correct by themselves
- Make proper use of all safety devices and PPE provided and ensure they are maintained in proper working order
- Attend applicable OSH training that is required in the Training Need Analysis
- Report of all OSH incidents and work related injuries
- Not intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything e.g. safety signage, protective barriers etc. provided at the workplace in the interest of health, safety, welfare or protection or management of the environment.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Medical Educational Background
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand and interpret regulations and standards.
- Ability to analyse data.
- Computer skills, project management skills and facilitation skills.
- Course in medical terminology .
- At least 3 years working in medical facility.
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
- Completes annual education requirements.
- Maintains regulatory requirements, including all ISO 15189 requirements and DHA regulations.
- Maintains and ensures patient confidentiality at all times.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled.
- Wears identification while on duty.
- Attends annual review and performs departmental in-services.
- Works at maintaining a good report and a cooperative working relationship with physicians, departments and staff.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Attends departmental meetings, as appropriate.
- Resolves personnel concerns at the departmental level, utilizing the grievance process as required.
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures regarding department operations, fire, safety and infection control.
- Effectively and consistently communicates administrative directive to personnel and encourages interactive departmental meetings and discussions.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the facility, as well as the focus statement of the department.
Behavioural Competencies :
- Excellent presentation and analytical skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong operational thinking skills
- Critical Thinking
- Conflict Management
- Cognitive skills
- Analytical skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Good team working skills
- Time management
- Customer Service orientation
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.