A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Assistant General Manager”.
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree|
|Experience||7- 10 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||15,000 AED – 18,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent|
|Company Size||500-1000 Employees|
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives . Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
Title: Assistant General Manager
Reports to: General Manager
Department: Mall Management
Location: Dubai Festival City Mall (DFCM)
Responsible for the efficient and effective Specialty leasing expansion, best in class Customer Experience Delivery, Tenant Relations and Project Management for the mall, with emphasis on quality service standards, efficient management, and safety for all stakeholders. To be key point of contact with Development Team, liaising between Mall and Projects work through multi-million-dirham expansion. To act as In-charge in absence of General Manager in all respects.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to develop and execute comprehensive, research-based strategic planning that directs marketing efforts to enhance asset value by actively participating in the leasing process (permanent and specialty), driving sales and generating alternative revenue.
- Assist the tenants to effectively execute our marketing program to enhance tenant sales and generate percentage rents.
- Coordinate special events and community relations programs to support merchandising efforts as set by the Marketing & Specialty Leasing Manager and business plan; work with retailers to involve them as appropriate; track and produce results summaries to determine impact on center traffic and sales.
- Ensure ongoing exposure of all Specialty Leasing programs throughout the Mall including advertising, on-mall signage and directories.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate level of involvement in community activities representing the Mall Management
- Develop tourism initiatives and develop relationships with area hotels and visitor bureaus.
- Focus on enhancing the customer experience by upgrading all of mall services: Concierge, Info desks
- Supervise the Ops Department: Planning, Budgeting, key projects including all sustainability initiatives
- Review the Monthly Sales Report: Be the key link with the leasing department
- Meet with the tenants regularly and listen to their problems
- Hold Daily Briefings with the operations teams’ and development teams actioning all issues raised.
- Carry out daily and weekly inspections presenting the outcomes at weekly GM’s meetings and in the periodic Project Progress Reports
- Participate in all Development meetings
- Present updates on a monthly basis or as required. Deliver annual capex budget. Maintain Asset Register
- Help identify corporate sponsorship opportunities that will generate additional revenue for the Mall; assist with sponsorship proposals and programs.
- Work with SL team to identify new and unique tenants for the Specialty Leasing program and/or permanent Leasing.
- Attend local and regional events in order to maintain retailer relationships and introduce new retailers to the mall.
- Supports the head of department in drafting the annual strategy for STR in the UAE Shopping Malls
- Develop business decisions that are financially responsible, accountable, justifiable in accordance with organization policies and procedures
- Leads his/her SL Team Direct Reports by offering guidance, mentorship, on the day to day deal making
- Implement the SL Strategy in terms of revenue targets
- Review Proposes unitary budgets of the SL inventory and discusses with Senior Management and Finance for approval. Ensures Budget is communicated to his/her team and works on quarterly forecast submissions
- Review monthly sales reports to obtain knowledge and insight of retailer sales and track key retailer and category trends.
- Establish relationships and ongoing communication with tenants to maximize individual store sales.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to develop and implement retailer action plans aimed at maximizing retailer sales and increasing the mall’s value.
- Communicate new trends and products with retailers in order to grow current business or expand to additional locations.
- Recruit retailers to participate in planned center programs.
- Ensure Tenant area inspections are carried out based on the Department time frame guidelines
- Provide weekly updates to the GM
- Summarize into a report at month end.
- Follow up with tenants on all issues based on the Department time frame guidelines
- Meet weekly with leasing, retail delivery and marketing to ensure alignment on new store fit outs.
- Ensure stores open only once all criteria are delivered.
Management and Operations
- Communicate with the mall team as needed or required to ensure that the team are kept apprised of marketing activities in the mall.
- In concert with the Marketing Manager, General Manager and other Team members, manage Guest Services to provide quality service to guests, retailers and the mall Team.
- Follow corporate policies and procedures for all programs and operations SOPs,
- Setting monthly KPIs and reviewing them properly to match with the Ops expectations,
- Develop comprehensive sustainability road map and strategy
- Review and update the policies and procedures on a quarterly basis as well as making recommendations
- Oversee the team’s performance, outputs and deliverables based on the KPI’s.
- Monitor, coach, manage and lead the malls own teams on a daily, weekly and monthly basis in addition to the PDR process.
- Implement an effective roster system to provide coverage 7 days a week.
Financial & Reporting Responsibilities
- Participate in the preparation and observance of the annual income and expense budgets.
- Help prepare and adhere to the monthly and quarterly forecasts.
- Assist with monthly Mall Management Report.
- Assist with monthly tenant sales reports and prospecting report.
- Prepare annual Goals and Objectives and year-end self-evaluation review.
- Deliver consistent, timely, accurate, high quality and insightful financial reports to facilitate and support decision making.
- Preparation of Monthly Management Accounts including detailed performance analysis of Mall performance in the monthly pack.
- Perform variance analysis and trend analysis to show key movements from Budgets, Forecasts and Prior Month, Quarter and Year.
- Undertake monthly review of costs and work with SL to ensure cost drivers are understood
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- University Graduate in any discipline preferred Bilingual (English and Arabic speaking skills desirable)
- 7-10 years relevant experience in a shopping mall/hotel especially with back ground in Specialty Leasing, Tenant Relations, customer service and authority relationships.
- Direct involvement in operation and Mall Management is a plus
- Dealing with ambiguity and learning on the fly
- Customer focus
- Drive for results
- Planning & organizing
- Time management
- Sales Oriented
- Problem Solving
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.