A well-known Company based in Dubai, is looking for an experienced candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Trade Accountant” for Immediate joining.
|Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree | ACCA | ACA | CIMA
|3 – 4 years of Relevant Experience Required
|6,500 AED – 7,000 AED
|Full Time | Permanent
|50 – 100 Employees
Trade Accountant – Energy
We are a team of traders, quants and technologists who work together to solve complex problems in the EU energy markets. We trade 24/7, 365 days a year using a combination of human execution and automated algorithms. We are a technology driven firm combining creativity and ingenuity, focusing on a quantitative and systematic approach to trading.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced trade accountant/financial controller to become a key member of the finance team as we grow our company. Here at Energetech you will play an important role in the day-to-day operations of the company in a fast-paced environment. You will be responsible for the accuracy of the trading P&L and collateral management. The role will interact with Front Office and other departments on a daily basis to ensure P&Ls are accurately reported and reconciled, with key market drivers understood, and ensuring dynamic management of collaterals and cashflows at all times.
You’d be a great fit if you
- Are an ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified accountant with a strong background gained in a commodity trading environment.
- Have great analytical skills and are able to perform financial and operational data analysis, problem solve and appraise and re-engineer processes.
- Are an experienced user of accounting software such as SAGE 200 and Microsoft Excel
- Are showing great attention to detail and are able to multi-task and take on a large volume of work in a high growth environment
- Able to adapt to change and learn quickly, work independently and cross-functionally and prioritize work to achieve objectives and timelines
- Are well-organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Have proven to handle confidential information with discretion
- Are proactive in finding discrepancies and their resolution
- Are a strong communicator, with both written and verbal skills
You’ll be responsible for
- Analyzing and reconciling daily trading results and activities in order to provide accuracy of P&L, ensuring transactions have been properly accounted for in accordance with internal procedures and IFRS.
- Operational aspects of trading, including the deployment and management of collaterals, dynamically managing as trading behavior changes.
- The development of cashflow management processes to support trading activities
- Ensuring the month-end close process is accurate and complete.
- Driving initiatives to improve the efficiency of the various processes undertaken by the Accounting team with a mindset of the final deliverable always at the forefront.
- Generating and maintaining models to support the financial statements and trading accruals.
- Being the point of contact within finance for ensuring exchange based trading is properly accounted for in our financial results.
- Interacting across all levels and desks of the trading organization to ensure deal structures are thoroughly understood and be able to articulate a deal’s financial implications under IFRS.