A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Senior Internal Auditor”.
|Bachelors Degree | CIA | CA | ACCA | CISA | CPA
|6 – 8 years of Relevant Experience Required
|12,000 AED – 15,000 AED
|Full Time | Permanent
- To ensure successful execution of assigned audit engagements, from start to finish, inclusive of audit planning, risk based audit execution and issuance of final audit report with consultative audit recommendations.
- To add value and improve our operations by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
- Participate in the implementation of the annual Audit plan through executing the assigned internal audit projects.
- Prepare/Update Business Understanding documentation including updating existing process Risk Registers
- Develop Risk and Control Matrix (RACM) and audit programs and develop the Sampling Memo for review by the Internal Audit Manager / Head of Internal Audit
- Schedule Kick off meeting, status update, Exit and close-out meetings with Operating Companies Develop Preliminary Information request list (IRL) and submit the list to the Auditees subsequent to the kick off meeting
- Escalate to the Internal Audit Manager of on any foreseeable delays in the receipt of information listed in the IRL
- Complete testing of audit procedures per RACM/Audit Program in a timely manner.
- Identify control performance issues and develop recommendations to address those issues.
- Participates in audit meetings to discuss audit findings and may refer to Internal Audit Manager / Head of Internal Audit as needed, for advice and support.
- Meet with appropriate staff to obtain an understanding of the business processes and to coordinate directly with them on the information request list.
- Coordinate and direct all the assigned audits and ensure that reports on such audits are made to Internal Audit Manager / Head of Internal Audit.
- Perform fact-gathering and analysis, in a thorough, accurate and organized manner.
- Ensure that the audit engagement was completed as designed and that the auditees’ concerns were answered;
- Prepare draft and final reports to ensure that standards and professionalism have been maintained;
- Review Management’s response, hold discussions and, if necessary, update the final report, after consulting the Group Internal Audit Manager in order to reissue the report as required;
- Ensure audits are completed within project budgets and project milestones are met; and escalate immediately to the Internal Audit Manager for any anticipated delays
- Ensure timely issuance of Draft and Final reports to Internal Audit Manager / Head of Internal Audit
- Support Internal Audit Manager / Head of Internal Audit in developing presentations for the quarterly Board Audit Committees
- Monitor progress of implementation of internal audit recommendations and report quarterly to the Internal Audit Manager / Head of Internal Audit
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the Management of Operating companies
- Independently perform Stock Counts on a routine basis across various locations in the UAE
- Perform other special Review (such as review pertaining to Ad-Hoc, consultancy, specific compliance, etc.) as instructed by the Internal Audit Manager / Head of Internal Audit
Educational Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Accounting from a recognised University or Institution.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (ACCA/CA/CPA) is a must
- Additional qualifications such as CIA, CISA is desired
Skills & Professional Requirements:
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Prior experience on working on Oracle
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience as Internal Auditor or Senior Auditor
- At least 3 years of experience in executing internal audits, internal control advisory with Big 4.
- Prior experience with Big 4 is a must
- Arabic Speaking
Attributes and Behaviours:
- Very good communication and presentation skills.
- Highly analytical and assertive personality.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to execute the audit assignment with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail is imperative.
- Positive attitude.