A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “IT Audit Specialist”.
|Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree
|8 – 9 years of Relevant Experience Required
|12,000 AED – 15,000 AED
|Full Time | Permanent
EDGE is an advanced technology group established to develop disruptive solutions for defense and beyond. Solving real world challenges, it is dedicated to bringing innovative technologies and services to market with greater speed and efficiency. Our people are at the core of our business, inspiring us to imagine a new world of endless possibilities. Leveraging advanced technologies such as autonomous capabilities, cyber-physical systems and directed energy to artificial intelligence, we recognize that changing the fundamentals of the defense industry will take real collaboration and creativity.
This is why we want you to be a part of our global team. Join us today to enable a secure future.
- Conduct/Lead IT audits and reviews of systems, applications and IT processes including: Pre/Post- implementation reviews of system implementations or enhancements, Cyber security reviews (e.g. network, operating system and data center), IT Landscape/Baseline Assessment, Business Application Reviews
- Assist in the development and implementation of the annual risk-based IT audit plan including scheduling and budgeting.
- Execute audits (plan, perform fieldwork, prepare draft report and carry-out exit meetings) of Group’s operations to assess IT controls, operational efficiencies and compliance with all policies, procedures and regulations, both at Corporate and Entities within agreed timelines.
- Plan audit assignments: developing the draft terms of reference, obtaining an understanding of the entity and area being audited, preparing the Risk and Controls Matrix, and designing the audit procedures to be performed. Understand and document the inherent risks in the processes.
- Fieldwork: Carry-out audit procedures, including documenting and assessing the design and effectiveness of internal controls. Maintain an up to date status of work done against the audit procedures, and provide weekly updates to the direct line manager, and address review comments. Prepare and discuss agile reports with auditees (typically, every two weeks). Document the test results in line with the internal audit manual.
- Reporting: Discuss audit results with relevant stakeholders (typically at the L2 level at Corporate and L1 Level at the entities), and obtain confirmation on the factual accuracy of the audit outcomes, draft the recommendations, and obtain the management responses & action plans.
- Leverage data for each audit assignment, and identifies opportunities to automate test procedures. This would include understanding the available data, linkages with inherent risks, data analytics (using excel or other tool), and validating the results.
- Maintain a log of agreed action plans, and follow-up on a periodic basis on the status of implementation of the agreed action plans. Validate the implementation of the agreed action plans.
- Conduct special audits and consulting assignments in line with the internal audit manual.
- Lead the preparation of monthly/quarterly Executive Management packs.
- Assist in the preparation of ARC packs.
- Provide inputs on new policies and processes.
- Act as advisor for transformation projects.
- Clear and confident communicator with the ability to secure buy-in at all levels across a wide-range of internal and external stakeholders.
Experience & Educational Qualifications:
- Minimum 8 years experience with large organization (revenues in excess of USD 1 billion) or with experience of working on IT assurance assignments of large organizations
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related field
- Certification in Information Systems, Assurance, related subject is preferable e.g. Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- MS Office Suite & Productivity Tools (advanced knowledge of expert in MS Excel)
- Knowledge of Investigation specific technical requirements e.g. best practice, legislation and regulation, methodologies, systems, third party providers
- Proficiency in English language . Ability to write clear and succinct audit reports, free from factual inaccuracy and ambiguity. Clear and confident communicator
- Has sound understanding of International Professional Practices Framework issued by the Institute of Internal Auditors
- Has sound understanding and experience of end-to-end internal audit lifecycle
- Has sound understanding of/and practical exposure to internal controls across core business functions and activities (such as procurement, HR and payroll, project management, finance & accounting, commercial, operations, contract management), risk management, and IT General Controls.