A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Procurement Manager”.
|Mohammed Abdallah Sharbatly CO.LTD
|Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree
|5 – 7 years of Relevant Experience Required
|20,000 AED – 25,000 AED
|Full Time | Permanent
About the Role
We’re currently looking for an experienced Procurement Manager to join our growing team. The ideal candidate should understand the fresh produce global market, have a good management skill, be an effective negotiator, good planning skills and ability to adapt to change. This individual will lead our Procurement team and recommend strategies, plan, and forecast for our market-based requirement. The Procurement Manager will report directly to the General Manager.
• Develop and implement procurement strategies for fresh fruits and vegetables by sea and air, while ensuring quality and cost savings.
• Analyse sales, inventories and prepare weekly, monthly, and yearly procurement plans.
• Negotiate with vendors to obtain the best terms.
• Establish and maintain long-term relationships and evaluate the performance of new and existing suppliers.
• Develop new products and packaging according to market needs.
• Develop purchase and sales strategies for consignment products.
• Verify that products received meet the required specs and quality.
• Prepare the yearly Sales Projection Plan together with the General Manager.
• Cost analysis for major customer tenders/quotations.
• Keep up to date with market trends, competitor info and import/export statistics.
• Conduct research on new products and suppliers.
• Ensure payments to suppliers are done on timely basis.
• Oversee QA inspections and manage quality claims/disputes with suppliers.
• Oversee the shipping and customs clearance departments.
• Excellent verbal communication, and the ability to convey information clearly and effectively.
• Strong leadership abilities and initiative
• Excellent negotiating skills
• Quick decision-making and problem-solving abilities
• Excellent time management
• Responsible, goal oriented and organized.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask.
• Confident, proactive, and willing to take on challenges.
• Great listening skills and able to take direction from individuals in higher-level positions.
• Able to manage and motivate others.
Founded in 1932 in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Sharbatly Fruit has grown to occupy a dominant position in the fresh fruits and vegetables industry. The company operating divisions are strategically located worldwide, with plantations and packing house in South America, North and South Africa, and operations in Central America and the Far East.
The company has 11 cold storage facilities across the Middle East region, 5 banana ripening centres with HACCP/ISO certifications, and all supported by state-of-the-art equipment and technology. It still maintains its firm family roots while continuously expanding, thanks to partnerships all over the world and to a strategic corporate approach.