A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Structural Engineer”.
|Ras Al Khaimah Economic Zone
|Bachelors Degree (Civil Engineering)
|8 – 10 years of Relevant Experience Required
|10,000 AED – 12,000 AED
|Full Time | Permanent
|Ras Al Khaimah
The Structural Engineer will be responsible for the review of structural designs, calculations and analysis aspects of the building permits applications and RAKEZ projects to ensure that buildings and structures are safe and capable of withstanding the elements to which they will be exposed to, ensure compliance with authorities’ requirements, regulations and rules as well as applicable international standards. He/she will support projects teams in any structural review, design or potential improvements or refurbishment requirements.
- Review of structural system and developed models, design and interpret design results with the aid of structural design programs for the assigned activities in view of safety and stability of the structure in accordance with the governing codes.
- Performing structural analysis / design using software and hand calculations to ensure its structural integrity.
- Ensure all projects/ applications documentation and deliverables are reviewed in accordance with RAKEZ policies and procedures.
- Reviewing, Coordinating, Obtaining, and/or planning building in accordance to regulations and requirements or any other authorities in order to obtain approval on the structural design.
- Technical review of Structural Engineering Design, calculations, assessment on various types of the industrial projects/ applications assigned to.
- Communicate effectively with clients, consultants and contractors as well authorities- when applicable for the requirements and documentations associated with submissions.
- Responsible for the preparation of a structural design report and potential structural improvements to existing buildings when required.
- Monitoring and inspecting work undertaken by contractors and inspecting RAKEZ facilities to check the conditions.
- Oversee the construction of buildings / facilities if it covers the issued NOCs, permits etc.
- Fluent in English, Arabic is preferred.
- Ability to use structural calculations software.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills required to prioritize workload on a daily basis.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in a similar position in an Engineering Consulting firms or municipal/ construction permitting authorities.