A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Financial Controller”.
|Bachelors Degree | CPA | CFA | MBA
|5 – 10 years of Relevant Experience Required
|7,500 AED – 12,500 AED
|Full Time | Permanent
The Area Financial Controller is responsible for managing the accounting and financial activities and providing effective and accurate budgetary controls, forecasting, management accounting, and departmental reporting. He/she oversees the accounting and reporting of Brick and Mortar across respective geographies and Group E-commerce activities and ensures compliance with all regulatory (accounting and tax) and management reporting requirements. Provides financial stewardship to stakeholders and ensures strong business processes and controls are in place. He/She is responsible for managing two or more countries in addition to being the point of contact and finance lead for E-Commerce.
Support in-country Finance teams and coordinate efforts on assignment of tasks, hiring, performance management, training, engagement, retention and oversight to ensure timely and accurate delivery of tasks.
- Liaise with shared services (ABS) Head of Financial Services and other verticals at ABS to achieve the group set deadlines and ensure accurate financial reporting of financial statements
- Engage in all accounting operations (e.g. Billing, A/R, A/P, etc.) and partner with respective stakeholders to ensure all local compliance requirements (legal, accounting principles, tax, etc.) are met, as well as the accurate and timely reporting of financial results
- Collaborate with IT and Tax to maintain financial records and system processes (VAT implementation, Ecom etc.) and support the accounting team in achieving the group set deadlines
- Liaise with the regional treasury team in the management of banking relationships
- Oversee the preparation of Area and E-Com financial statements to ensure that they are accurate and in compliance with Group accounting policies and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Review the Budget, financial forecasts, agreement, projects and report variances’ preparation and ensure quality control over financial transactions/reporting while Identifying solutions to discrepancies in financial records
- Provide financial support and stewardship to the operation and commercial departments (Decision support, Board reviews readiness and preparation of related material, Business Plans, Periodic internal reviews, etc.)
- Develop business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls and address all external and internal Audit requirements
- Attend and facilitate regulatory inspections related to finance, consult tax advisors and group tax teams when needed, and support the implementation and set-up of the consolidation procedures. Assist in reviewing new agreements or projects before their signature or implementation
- Collaborate, influence and impact within function and across functional verticals to drive the agenda and deliver effective results
- Generate periodical reports on Business profitability, with highlights on key brand, division, or line of business, and analysis on cost incurred and preform necessary validation to ensure the reported figures are valid and aligned across different systems
- Ensure proper communication between business partners (logistics, marketing) and accounting to record proper expenses on time and perform necessary validation to ensure the reported figures are valid and aligned in different systems while developing and maintaining dashboards and automated reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with emphasis on Accounting and / or Finance; Financial
- qualification (CPA, CFA, etc.). MBA is a plus
- 5 to 10 years of financial/accounting experience
- Proficiency in English and Arabic (written and spoken)
- Proficiency in MS Office (JD Edwards, Hyperion are a plus)
* AZADEA is committed to equal employment opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, or any other classification.