A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Regional Operations Manager”.
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree|
|Experience||5 – 7 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||20,000 AED – 25,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent|
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
When you think of food delivery in the MENA region, we’d be pretty surprised if talabat didn’t pop into your mind first! Since delivering our first order in Kuwait in 2004, we’ve grown quite a lot over the past 17 years.
Today, we deliver hundreds of millions of food orders, grocery items and other products per year, to our customers in nine countries throughout the region with more than 3,000+ employees! Our food delivery business works with over 27,000 brands and almost 50,000 branches, while our q-commerce concept, talabat mart, now delivers groceries to customers in Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman Qatar, and the UAE in 30 minutes or less!
Our philosophy is to make sure we do what is right for our ecosystem – our customers, our partners, our people, our riders, and the communities in which we operate. Our #techforgood program allows our customers a safe and convenient way to contribute to important causes in their community through donating to local and international charities directly on talabat with a focus on food insecurity in the region. Since its inception in 2020, we have facilitated the donation of well over 1 million meals to those in need, as well as donated over $1.5 million to charity with the help of our partners and customers. talabat is part of Delivery Hero, the global leader in online food delivery and q-commerce.
What’s On Your Plate?
- Driving best practice at scale: Creating and rolling out SOPs, training materials, etc. – working hand in hand with our operations lead in each country
- Operational excellence: work with local ops to understand what are the operational bottlenecks and support to solve for reducing order fail rate.
- Inventory/Cost Management: Assisting country teams to ensure everything is being properly accounted for in our inventory management solution with a focus on minimizing waste/maximizing margin as per our recipes.
- Menu management: ensuring we are presenting customers with a world class menu across all stores in all countries. Not only ensuring we have the right products, but that we’re presenting them in the most customer friendly way (structure, images, etc).
- Product rollouts – working with local teams to roll out new products/recipes. Liaising with our global team too.
- Procurement/inventory management: Providing regional guidance and rigour to the procurement of all items that keep our operations going i.e. consumables, equipment, ingredients, etc.
What Did We Order?
- 5+ years work experience (really smart mid level operations managers)
- Experience in Food and Beverage (hospitality) – food tech experience also highly valued.
- You embrace ambiguity and have the flexibility to adapt to changing business needs in a start-up environment.
- You are very detail-oriented, structured and know how to prioritize — you consider yourself as someone who delivers solutions and not bottlenecks to be solved.
- You are able to interact with a diverse range of colleagues and external stakeholders
- You are someone energized by the unknown and look forward to learning each day on the job.
- You have excellent analytical and communication skills, and always like to be hands-on with several tools.
- Additionally, you have strong interpersonal and intercultural skills. You can inspire several teams and stakeholders to rally behind a mission.
- Language skills: Fluent English