A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Business Development Manager”.
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree|
|Experience||5 – 6 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||18,000 AED – 20,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Preqin is an award-winning, independent, research company providing data and intelligence to the financial industry. Investment professionals use Preqin’s online products to obtain key information for business-critical decision-making. Preqin’s clients include fund managers, legal firms, institutional investors, financial advisors and placement agents.
Primarily a data company; Preqin is also a fast-moving fintech with a strong growth record and a world-wide staff base. Owned by our founder, directors and employee shareholders, we care passionately about our customers, brand and the employees that make it all happen.
We are looking for a motivated sales professional to assist in the creation of new relationships within a determined market segment. You will be responsible for identifying, developing, and closing new subscription agreements with prospective customers. The role requires business development professionals to successfully bring new clients onto the Preqin platform while developing a new business pipeline and meeting or exceeding monthly net sales quotas and quarterly milestone goals.
You will have the opportunity to pursue and cultivate a rewarding sales career with an industry leader during Preqin’s important stage of growth. As a business development professional, you will have the ability to make an immediate sales impact and to develop a strong pipeline of new business opportunities within a set sales territory. Based on revenue generation, exemplary behavior, and strong organizational skills you will have the opportunity to develop a successful career at Preqin.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop pipeline of new business opportunities within a defined sales territory
- Work collaboratively within a sales team environment to ensure net growth figures are met or exceeded on a monthly basis.
- Provide prospective new business clients with an understanding of Preqin’s products and offerings while developing new relationships with key stakeholders at each firm. This is executed by garnering a deep understanding of client’s business models and needs in order to provide solution(s) that will add value to their business objectives
- Build solid account plans and sales strategy
- Manage the sales process from beginning to end. This includes securing introductions with decision makers while also providing support to users across all departments and divisions on potential new clients.
- Occasional travel to client sites/events/conferences within territory
- Provide clients and prospects with detailed proposals, product demonstrations, and consultations (in person or via phone)
- Accurately report internal administration: CRM activity log, sales pipeline forecasting, monthly reports to management and proposal preparation
- Build a strong working knowledge of competitive intelligence space and Preqin product positioning
- Develop Preqin product, technical, and alternative investment market knowledge
- Present Preqin products and services to clients, peers, and management as it relates to performance and planning
- Collaborate with colleagues and internal departments to achieve underlying fundamental firm objectives and goals
- Meet and exceed sales KPI metrics for emails, calls, meetings and demonstrations
- Pass CAIA fundamentals within 60-days
- Provide actionable customer feedback to key stakeholders including, but not limited to, marketing, product development and research
Key Requirements for this Role:
- At least 5 years of sales and / or account management experience (in a similar discipline preferred: financial services, alternative investments, business to business SaaS sales, solution selling)
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
- Proven track record in hitting quota and retention targets
- Organized, detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize and respond quickly
- Negotiation and objection handling skills
- Highly proficient in MS Office Suite and CRM systems. Experience with Salesforce is preferred
- Working knowledge of the financial market data space, alternative assets, and financial services industries
- Sales motivated, team-focused attitude, and willingness to collaborate with peers, product management, and internal key constituents at the firm
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business or related field required
- Annual budget for professional development qualifications (IMC, CAIA, CFA, languages etc).
- Winter and summer office parties and a company-funded team social budget.
- Preqin contribution towards Employee Workplace Savings Plan (DEWS), OR pension plan for GCC Nationals.
- Medical Insurance
Training and Development
Preqin offers comprehensive Sales Training to all new members of the Sales and CS Teams. Our training is provided in the first few weeks of joining us and utilises powerful, up-to-date techniques along-side industry knowledge to create a truly bespoke training experience unique to Preqin. Individuals that complete our programmes are able to conduct more efficient prospecting, uncover more value within our prospects and clients, resist and overcome objections and achieve success in a shorter period. Once completed and an assessment passed, all Sales & CS reps will be fully certified in Preqin Sales Fundamentals and experience a reduced ramping period and earn more money, faster.