A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Junior Coastal Engineer”.
|Bachelors Degree (Civil Engineering) | Masters Degree (Coastal Engineering)
|1– 3 years of Relevant Experience Required
|4,500 AED – 5,000 AED
|Full Time | Permanent
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct coastal studies
- Complete data and engineering analyses and mapping
- Prepare/check written reports
- Assist with flood risk reduction, coastal restoration, urban waterfront development, and shore (off-shore) protection projects
- Implementing scientific and regulatory tasks for projects in order to ensure compliance with applicable environmental laws, regulations and policies.
- Assist with project types including:
- Waterfront structures
- Coastal and environmental protection initiatives
- Coastal surveys
- Island reclamation
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required
- Masters Degree in Coastal Engineering or related would be a plus
- 1-3 years of experience as a coastal engineer
- Fluent in English would be required, however, another language would be a plus
- Have experience in geotechnical/hydraulic design of marine structures
- CAD, MS office, GIS,
- Any additional experience with numerical, CFD or FEM modelling would be an advantage.
Our goal is to deliver equality of opportunity, equality of aspiration and equality of experience to everyone who works in our firm. We are a diverse team and work together to achieve the project goals and provide an opportunity to learn and grow.
All communication will be in English, a good level of writing and speaking skills would be required.
About CWP Engineering
CWP Engineering is a multidisciplinary engineering consultancy firm with specialised expertise in offshore & nearshore coastal and marine structures, harbours and marinas, Oil & Gas terminals, waterfront developments, beaches, dredging works and island reclamations. CWP Engineering provides comprehensive services and assists public and private clients through all phases of a project, from concept to hand-over: through design development, project management, permit processes, construction supervision. The professional staff of CWP Engineering undertake coastal engineering specialised studies, numerical & physical modelling services and environmental studies.
The head office is based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The majority of these projects have been undertaken in the Middle East with some projects are undertaken in Africa and Europe.