A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Senior Mechanical Design Engineer”.
||Geo Global Engineering Office|
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree (Mechanical Engineering)|
|Experience||10 – 15 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||15,000 AED – 18,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
GEO Global Engineering Consultants are recruiting a Mechanical Engineer for jobs in Dubai, UAE on different projects ranging from high-rise buildings to industrial and logistics facilities.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the design procedure all the technical issues from concept design till the development of the detailed design, tender documents, specification and authorities approvals, and will be responsible as well for site supervision related to his trade. He should ensure the quality at every stage of the project (design, construction, testing and commissioning).
He should coordinate with the clients and other third parties at all phases of the project. He should take control of the design studies, technical studies, in coordination with other trades working on the projects he/she is involved in.
- Understanding client requirements and identifying the inputs and outputs,
- Organizing and planning the studies and drawings production at all stages of the studies.
- Planning, supervising and coordinating the Design of HVAC, Fire Protection, Plumbing, Drainage System, and Utilities discipline activities in the assigned area
- Preparing sketches and feasibility studies to define the guidelines of the project and enable the client to make the necessary decisions.
- Studying the spatial, temporal and technical constraints of the project, in coordination with other trades.
- Conducting or Coordinating Technical & Conceptual studies and Services to ensure all work activities are managed and carried out in accordance with the contractual obligations.
- Developing cost-effective and value added engineering solutions throughout the duration of projects.
- Developing Conceptual, FEED and Detail design of HVAC, Fire Protection, Plumbing, Drainage System, meeting design intent, ensuring compliance to safety, integrity, sustainability practices and statutory requirements.
- Using BIM – Revit – and other software tools necessary to the delivery of the project.
- Summarizing the technical aspects and writing the specifications.
- Supporting and Develop Pre-front-end-engineering-design (pre-FEED), Front-end engineering-design (FEED) and detailed engineering of component systems.
- Developing specific Discipline Engineering deliverables such as Heat Load Calculation, HVAC Equipment Selection, Make-up air calculation, Ducting Design & Layout, Piping Material Specification, HVAC Control System Logic, Development of Piping Layout Drawings, Piping General Arrangement Drawings, Piping Isometrics, Valve Data Sheets, Material Take-off, Drainage plan & layout drawings.
- Developing Mechanical Data Sheets, Specific Requirements and Requisitions for HVAC Equipment, Pumps, fire protection equipment etc
- Producing the tender documents, analyzing the tenders, and giving recommendations.
- Guiding and controlling Draftsmen production.
- Checking the materials (validating the Material Submittal given by the Contractor)
- Preparing the materials technical data and submitting for Client’s approval.
· Ensuring LEED Norms are incorporated in the Buildings design thru construction and handover.
- Responsible for all verifications:
- Reviewing the contracts terms with regard to making sure of supplying the right materials and services, on time and within budget.
- Checking the conformity between the general studies and the specifications,
- Checking the compliance with various relevant codes (security, safety, construction…) as per Country and/or Client’s requirement,
- Ensuring the right project management and quality assurance.
- Ensuring the production quality regarding drawings and all contractual documents, including material submittals.
- Providing specialist’s advice, diagnostics, expertise recommendations and solutions depending on buildings types.
- Coordinating with other trades.
- Managing the Contractor’s technical issues.
- Working on the required site modifications, preparing, analyzing and submitting Variation Orders to the Client’s approval, issuing Engineer’s Instructions and answers to the contractors’ technical requests.
- Responsible for all types of verifications:
- Preparing the technical comments on non-conformity reports, instruction request and material approvals that will be transmitted to the Construction Manager via the Resident Engineer for validation.
- Reviewing all documents related to construction work, such as but not limited to: shop drawings, as-built documentation, method of statements, materials submittals, mock-ups, calculation notes, etc…
- Alerting in case of claims and advising the Resident Engineer for answering to the claims.
- Checking the production and construction quality on site.
- Supervising the all construction work stages:
- Controlling the progress of the works (building site follow-up, execution plans control…),
- Attending the site meetings with the client, contractors, subcontractors and/or suppliers,
- Supervising the inspectors.
- Contribute to Value Engineering exercise to optimize life cycle cost ensuring quality to meet design and operational intent.
- Supervising the installation, commissioning, testing, punch listing and training.
- Developing a maintenance schedule to OEM Buildings Mechanical system standards.
- Conducting Testing & Commission.
- 10-15 years of experience with a minimum of 3 years under BIM environment projects and at least 6 at senior level.
- Bachelor Degree of Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- UAE society of engineer’s membership.
- BIM related software (ideally Revit) certification is preferred. Knowledge in AutoCad is a must and knowledge in other technical software is a plus (Hap, Matlab,…)
- Strong proficiency in BIM (Revit) and supporting Revit tools skill – Dynamo BIM or equivalent.
- Well verse in MS office Application (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
- Proficient in English language
- Ability to plan, organize and has flexibility towards work.