A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Manager Operations”.
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree (Relevant Subject)|
|Experience||4 – 5 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||18,000 AED – 25,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
When you think of food delivery in the MENA region, we’d be pretty surprised if talabat didn’t pop into your mind first! Since delivering our first order in Kuwait in 2004, we’ve grown quite a lot over the past 17 years.
Today, we deliver hundreds of millions of food orders, grocery items and other products per year, to our customers in nine countries throughout the region with more than 3,000+ employees! Our food delivery business works with over 27,000 brands and almost 50,000 branches, while our q-commerce concept, talabat mart, now delivers groceries to customers in Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman Qatar, and the UAE in 30 minutes or less!
Our philosophy is to make sure we do what is right for our ecosystem – our customers, our partners, our people, our riders, and the communities in which we operate. Our #techforgood program allows our customers a safe and convenient way to contribute to important causes in their community through donating to local and international charities directly on talabat with a focus on food insecurity in the region. Since its inception in 2020, we have facilitated the donation of well over 1 million meals to those in need, as well as donated over $1.5 million to charity with the help of our partners and customers. talabat is part of Delivery Hero, the global leader in online food delivery and q-commerce.
As a Tech and Product partner, this role is about partnering closely with our stakeholders and supporting their organizational needs. This role has aspects to it that are operational and other parts that are creative – you never know what new initiatives you may be working on next quarter! We’re really looking for someone that is flexible, creative and resourceful – there is so much to do and you’ll have the autonomy to make things happen. The role entails managing the operational day-day requests that come in, partnering with Tech & Product to drive quarterly initiatives and partnering with the People Team to support in aligning our stakeholders with People initiatives.
What’s On Your Plate?
- You’ll be supporting multiple tribes end to end with their experiences – what talent the tribes need, how to onboard new joiners, how we develop talent in the tribe, to managing the separation when it’s decided to part ways.
- Your decisions will be data driven and will be expected to capture metrics that drive decision making in the tribes you’re owning.
- Your tribes will include both local UAE members as well as remote teams
- Collaboration with the T&P Core People Operations specialist to ensure a seamless joining (i.e. supporting in comms, alignment with manager on first two weeks calendar, connecting them with teams or managers, etc)
Onboarding responsibilities include
- Functional Onboarding. Co-driving functional onboarding experience with T&P People partners
- Tribe Onboarding. Designing tribe onboarding experience with key stakeholders
- Onboarding KPIs. Monitoring both functional and tribe level onboarding experience KPIs and driving initiatives to iterate with internal stakeholders.
- Probation Review. Responsible for driving probation discussions with Talabati and Manager.
- Peakon Initiatives. Responsible for collaborating on quarterly peakon initiatives (i.e. workshops, trainings, capturing feedback, etc) through capturing feedback and creating datapoints.
- Engagement Activities. Designing with Tribe leads and facilitating engagement activities on a Tribe and Squad level.
- Communication & Visibility. Responsible for creating and managing visibility on Tribe/Squad structures and on Tech & Product and Organization wide initiatives.
- People Team Initiative Support. Responsible for supporting on key initiatives between Tech and Product and TA, Rewards and Talent Development.
- Talent Development. Working with the Tech & Product Talent Development Partner to design a learning strategy for each of the tribes you own.
- Performance Management. ■ Calibrations. Running yearly calibrations for your tribes with stakeholders to ensure equal assessments of each individual in the tribe. ■ Development Plans. Initiating and monitoring development plans with managers for the relevant team members. ■ Warning Letters. When and as needed in alignment with company policy.
- Man-power planning
- Planning. Working with Tribe leads to align on quarterly man power planning – capturing numbers needed as well as data entry into the Microsoft Dynamics AX system.
- Change Management. Managing changes in alignment with the Director of People Operations – T&P for any changes (i.e. swaps, cancellations, new positions)
- Tribe Health. Monitoring Tribe-level health through tools like peakon and tableau.
- Remote Health. Managing remote health check-ins for remote candidates with managers to ensure overall engagement of remote team members.
- Day-to-day. Managing day-to-day requests/queries/conflicts/etc ○ Workday. Actionining WD requests
- Responsible for driving functional offboarding activities along with the T&P Core People Operations specialist.
What Did We Order?
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4 years experience working in People Team
- Experience working with Tech and Product Teams