A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Senior Electrical Engineer”.
||ADNOC Group, Abu Dhabi|
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree (Electrical Engineering)|
|Experience||8 – 10 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||12,000 AED – 15,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
JOB PURPOSE :
Conducts and supervises the activities of the Automation, control and Power Management Systems in order to ensure that development and subsequent control of modifications are carried out as per agreed standards and applicable codes.
Job Specific Accountabilities
- Monitors power management system and coordinates with the Electrical Department in the Maintenance Division to accomplish the work and subsequent implementation accordingly.
- Initiates Plant Power Management System and process automation studies to solve problems and highlights specific performance improvement opportunities.
- Supervise and controls the operations of the power system interconnection in close and continuous co-ordination with OPCOs representatives ensuring the availability of adequate spinning reserve, and that wheeling of power through the network is done according to sound Technical and Engineering Practice.
- Ensures that all system design work is according to the Company’s standards, codes and practices, this includes subsequent implementation of some modifications and minor projects.
- Arranges the review of drawings, documents, specifications, etc. of electrical work prepared for the Company by external agencies / project groups and issues comments as necessary.
- Performs general review and appraisal of all development work produced by the power management systems Section to maintain an acceptable standard of work.
- Coordinate all power system related affairs such as studies, Load projection, Procedures with other OPCOs staff and within the company.
- Arrange for long term and short term maintenance plans for the generating units within the power system for all partners.
- Liaise with concerned parties for arranging shut-downs as necessary within the constraints of power availability. This also includes following up and supervises the installation and commissioning of the new projects related to the power system.
- Advises and asserts as necessary on power system interconnection controls during faults or abnormal incidents.
- Ensures that operation methods and procedures are maintained by which prime consideration is given to the safety, reliability, stability and security of the system.
- Assist in the development and review technical coverage of power systems while ensuring compliance with various Technical Codes in Plant.
- Produce short, medium and long-term demand forecasts and adequacy reports for supply-demand balance.
- Review new and upgraded power system connections report from Code Participants and ensure compliance with various technical codes.
- Develop reports on various power system incidents as per the System Control Technical Code and Utility Commission’s Incident Reporting Guidelines.
- Assess planned generation and transmission plant outages as advised. These include preparing and publishing contingency plans to manage power system security for planned, unplanned and emergency situations.
- Assist in ensuring power system models used by System Control staff for technical assessment are current.
- Review power system protection settings to ensure secure, reliable and safe operation of power systems.
- Carry out duties in accordance with Power safety, environmental and quality policy, safety principles, corporate values and strategies.
- Not limited to engineering also involves the responsibility of construction activities (defining method statements, conducting TRAs, involvement in pre-commissioning and commissioning activities)
- . Coordinates the preparation of contracts as required for approved electrical projects and modifications. Participates in pretender meetings, discussions, bid evaluations, negotiations, etc. Coordinates planning, scheduling and execution of such work and monitors its progress. Supervises and participates in the preparation of materials and labour cost estimates and presents a totally developed proposal which includes overall costs.
- Technical support to the Major projects handled by Project Division from Engineering stage up to Project Commissioning stage.
- of plans for preservation of Company adopted N+X Power Generation operation philosophy.
- Providing an expert advisory role to the plant division (operation and maintenance) for issues related to Electrical System.
- Safeguard own Health and Safety, as well as that of the fellow employees, by paying attention to safe work practices, maintaining a safe work environment and complying with applicable HSE requirements.
- Take action to INTERVENE and STOP any un-safe activity or non-compliance with HSE requirements, if witnessed, and report the incident – regardless of your position or that of the transgressor.
- Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
- Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective section objectives.
- Provide input for preparation of the Section / Department budgets and assist in the implementation of the approved Budget and work plans to deliver Section objectives.
- Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Implement approved Section / Department policies, processes, systems, Quality standards and procedures in order to support execution of the Section’s / Department work programs in line with Company and International standards.
- Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Section / Department in line with the Company Performance framework.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
- Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
- Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and ADNOC Code of Practices.
- Provide inputs to prepare Section MIS and progress reports for Company Management
COMMUNICTIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Daily direct contacts with all other operations disciplines personnel as well as other divisions (Maintenance, TSD, Operations and Projects etc.) on Das and in Abu Dhabi
- Maintains contacts with Consultants, vendors, suppliers and manufacturers, as necessary, for development, execution, administration or follow-up of modifications and small projects..
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
- 8 years of experience, in
- carrying out design/ engineering of electrical systems that includes electrical equipment sizing (transformers, EDG, Generator, Cable, UPS, etc), power generation and distribution system including high voltage electrical equipment, substation electrical equipment layouts
- identifying the requirements for selecting the correct equipment in line with Hazardous Area Classification applicable in Oil and Gas Industries.
- Any relevant certificate would be an advantage but not mandatory.