A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Purchasing Coordinator”.
|Company Name||Food People, Abu Dhabi|
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree (Relevant Subject)|
|Experience||3 – 4 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||6,000 AED – 7,500 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent|
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Pure Harvest Smart Farms is a UAE-based, high-tech agriculture start-up. We develop and operate high-tech, climate-controlled farms to grow a variety of crops and sell our products directly into the markets in which we operate.
In early-2018 we successfully deployed our first-ever farm in Nahel, Al Ain growing a wide variety of flavourful tomatoes that “Taste Like They Should TM”. Our products are selling-out at major retailers in the UAE and are consumed at an assortment of elite restaurants & hotels. Our brand is associated with incredibly tasty produce and we are quickly building a loyal and vocal customer base.
We are now expanding into new crops (strawberries and leafy greens) and into new geographies (Saudi Arabia, Kuwait). Technology, data, and innovation are core to our ethos, and we aim to redefine the Middle Eastern agricultural sector. We are passionate about what we do, and we are believers in the growth potential of the company.
Our team is multi-cultural (American, European, African, Middle Eastern, South Asian), and our backgrounds diverse (horticulture, engineering, private equity, management consulting, retail, marketing, etc.). Never a boring day at Pure Harvest.
In recognition of regional vulnerabilities associated with food import dependence, water scarcity and sustainability, Pure Harvest is committed to resource efficiency and to overcoming climate challenges to affordably deliver premium quality fresh produce to the Middle East.
- Secure stock allocation and negotiating price.
- Create and manage special pricing and vendor bids.
- Work with the operation team on processing and tracking orders.
- Ensure we are delivering our promised to the customers.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders.
- Raise and adjust POs when necessary.
- Update the petty Cash transactions.
- Update credit card transactions.
- Keep track record of the main activities on the farm ( shelf testing , logistics, packaging./etc).
YOUR COMPETENCIES – CRITERIA FOR SUCCESS
- Ability to solve complex problems using critical analytical thinking, modelling skills, and pragmatism.
- Ability to clearly and professionally communicate via writing, PowerPoint or verbally.
- Team player that can work with a diverse organization.
- Passion to join a high growth startup.
- Ability to prioritize work, clearly communicating to manage timelines, expectations and deliverables.
- Highly organised and the ability to turn around analysis in balanced quality vs time.
- Impeccable attention to detail, high ethical adherence/ integrity
A degree in Accounting or Business Management.