A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Operations Manager”.
|Abu Dhabi Terminals
|Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree (Logistics/Industrial or Process Engineering/Maritime)
|7 – 8 years of Relevant Experience Required
|18,000 AED – 25,000 AED
|Full Time | Permanent
This position provides the leadership and overall effective functioning for the day to day operations of the Container Terminal including Operations Control Centre. A key role is to ensure the highest productivity in the terminal and to provide excellent customer service to the lines calling at the port. This position provides input for effective local strategies for operating the terminal at optimal levels, within operating opportunities and constraints.
- Actively follow and promote the ADT Safety and Security policies and ensure that fellow employees and visitors are doing the same. These policies are to be always followed within the port environment so as to ensure a safe and secure workplace for all.
- Execute strategies for the Operations department of ADT, in line with & contributing to the company vision & strategy, within the borders of business plan & budget. Manage the daily Container Terminal operations according to the agreed operating principles of the business & relationships with customers.
- Participate in selection, negotiation & finalizing agreements with suppliers & customers & where appropriate be responsible for execution & maintenance of service levels as agreed.
- Contribute input to development in technology & systems as applicable to improve efficiencies in cost, productivity & customer service.
- Oversee and manage the systems related to terminal operations and performance.
- Manage operations team to support on system errors troubleshooting, identifying root causes, making appropriate recommendations to the vendors and follow up on remedial action provided.
- Deliver a level of service to customers that is equal to best international standards.
- Enforce safe working practices and ensure lost time injuries are kept to a minimum.
- Ensure a cost efficient Container Terminal operation in excess current best practices.
- Liaise closely with shipping companies, customs agents, trucking companies, Customs, port authorities, and other statutory authorities to ensure that their requirements are met.
- Measure and monitor performance against critical criteria, policy and guidelines established by ADT.
- Responsibility that all managers and labour in the Container Terminal are trained in best operation practices with regards to advanced operations strategies and new technology.
- Achieve the Company’s and its customer’s expectations with regard to operational efficiency, productivity and reliability.
- Ensure industrial harmony with the workforce.
- Manage employee performance including training, appraisals, discipline and grievances.
- The major impact will be the positive development and improvements in operational processes and performance as a result of the main operational initiatives in the Container Terminal.
- The incumbent is expected to steer the course of action that determines the achievement of results. Responsibility for the execution of main initiatives.
- The incumbent is expected to improve existing methodologies, processes and measurements when executing duties on an ongoing basis
Qualifications and Experiences
- A university degree in logistics, maritime and port, or process/industrial engineering
- Preferably post graduate studies in Port and/or Terminal Management, or related business studies
- Minimum 7 years in operations management roles in container terminals.
- Experience in cost and productivity optimization through process optimization, as well as design and implementation of new operation procedures
- Understanding of the container shipping industry and an ability to relate with shipping company and other associated industry managers.
- Extensive understanding of modern terminal operations including computer terminal management systems.
- Expert knowledge of Navis terminal operating system; N4, Expert Decking, Prime Route, ASC Manager.
- Knowledge of Certus and other terminal system`s.
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate across the organization.
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to provide leadership, obtain cooperation and assistance to meet objectives.
- Strong drive to deliver results
- Sensitive to cultural diversity and experience in a multicultural environment, in regards to employees, local authorities and other stakeholders