A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Senior Finance Manager”.
|Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree (Accounting/Finance)
|5 – 7 years of Relevant Experience Required
|20,000 AED – 25,000AED
|Full Time | Permanent
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named the #5 World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Why finance at Stryker?
Are you looking for a profitable and growing company with a great culture and reputation? Stryker is the only company with 40 consecutive years of sales growth and was recently named the #5 Best Workplace in the WORLD by Fortune! Here, you will have many opportunities to learn and grow as we offer development opportunities unique for each employees needs including training, certifications, mentorship, leadership programs, tuition reimbursement, one-on-one coaching and more!
As the Senior Finance Manager MEA you will provide the country and functional business leaders across the MEA region the financial support required to enable informed decisions, manage risks and opportunities, and achieve business objectives. Profitable growth and performance management programs with an investor’s mind-set are part of your DNA, which will enable you to focus on driving future growth through investment decision support and the development of new business models and segments.
You will report to the Finance Director MEA & CEE with a dotted line to the Regional General Manager in Dubai. As a natural people leader, you will nurture and grow the talent in your local team of two as well as fostering a collaborative working environment where you and your team work closely with the shared service centre.
This is an exciting time to join our team as we continue on our journey of expansion, you will have the opportunity to make an impact and influence change.
Who We Want
Effective communicators. People who can interpret information clearly and accurately to concisely communicate results and recommendations to stakeholders, senior management, and their teams
Network builders. Managers who build connections with other teams and divisions and coordinate cross-functional collaboration
Talent developers. Growth-oriented managers who recruit and hire top-performing talent and prioritize the development of their team members
Insightful advisors. Managers who lead strategy development and provide guidance to teams
Metrics-oriented managers. People who are always tracking important business metrics to ensure projects meet expectations and budget
What You Will Do
- Partner with and influence leaders across functions and countries
- Lead and supervise the finance team.
- Co-ordinate accurate budgeting and forecasting on full financial package. Lead discussions on planning/forecasting of sales, operating income, cash flow, and communicate regularly with business unit leaders to understand the business and actual variances.
- Drive improvements in profitability, take accountability of the P&L.
- Collaborate with the business for business support.
- Collaborate with the Stryker Centralized Finance service centre
- Assist with coordinating internal and external audits such as tax, statutory, SOX, compliance, etc.
- Lead the preparation of the financial reporting package ensuring timely and accurate: sales and gross margin reporting, calculation of inventory and debtors reserves as well as monthly accruals, payroll processing and accounting, general ledger and cost centre maintenance, completion of the month-end close and quarterly U.S. SEC reporting packages.
- Operational expenses, financial KPI reviews (for compliance requirements, adherence with policy, business understanding, current and future financial performance measurement).
What You Need
- Extensive experience of working within finance in a multinational matrixed organisation within country.
- Experience of leading a team and developing talent.
- Proven track record of business partnering with business leaders
- Demonstrated experience of developing and building business models to driving growth and profitability
- Knowledgeable in major accounting/financial applications and systems
- Knowledge of local accounting procedures and country legislation
- Knowledgeable in US GAAP
- Experience of working with the medical devices industry would be ideal, but not essential
- Knowledge of JD Edwards would be a plus.
Competencies & Behaviours
- Results orientated
- High degree of initiative, personal responsibility and integrity.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Agile and used to a culture of change management,
- Seeking for continuous improvement
- Manager with a hands on attitude
- Strong Communication skills
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Arabic would be a plus, but not essential
Our total rewards offering varies by country but often includes bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.