A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Audit Manager”.
|Juma Al Majid Holding Group LLC, Dubai
|Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree (Accounting/Business administration)| CA | CIA | CFE | CPA | ACCA | CISA | CMA
|10 – 15 years of Relevant Experience Required
|30,000 AED – 35,000 AED
|Full Time | Permanent
- Ensure that the internal audit programme under the audit cycle stated in the Annual Internal Audit Plan is appropriately executed to provide assurance that the objectives stated under the Internal Audit role in the Internal Audit Charter are aligned towards the achievement of overall company objectives
- Assist Chief Audit Officer in developing and maintaining annual risk assessment and annual audit plan. Annual audit plan should focus on the review of high-risk business areas identified during risk identification and business unit risk assessment exercise.
- Plan and schedule audits and reviews in consideration of staffing availability and audit priorities, manage multiple projects concurrently, including ad-hoc duties, special investigations and consultancy work as may be directed by Chief Audit Officer.
- Ensure that audit assignments are conducted by internal audit staff in accordance with International Auditing Standards and Professionals Code of Ethics.
- Perform real time review of the audit working papers and encourage the staff to prepare working papers as the audit progresses.
- Conduct detailed audit review in the most efficient manner and ensure that audit issues are presented in a way that is connecting with the overall business objectives and approach. Recommend practical recommendations that can be appreciated by the Business Unit and the implementation can be suggested in a persuasive manner.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with business unit/department management.
- Develop a mutually effective audit work schedule, conduct audit status meetings, and leading the commencement and exit meetings.
- Demonstrate effective time management skills by ensuring that audit team complete the audit assignments within time budgets and calendar schedules while handling multiple jobs and maximize productivity.
- Establish positive and constructive relationships with the Business Units and maintain knowledge of assigned operating business units.
- Perform administrative tasks to support the Group Internal Audit Division i.e., review the staff time sheet, review and update KPls, conduct mid-year and full-year performance review and appraisal of staff.
- Perform any Audit related tasks assigned by the Chief Audit Officer, as and when required.
- Perform Corporate Sustainability audits and apply best practices for the same.
• Graduate or Postgraduate in Accounting or Business Administration from a recognized institution.
• Internationally recognized accounting/auditing qualifications like CA, CIA, CFE, CPA, ACCA, CISA, CMA etc.
• Minimum 10-15 years of experience in an internal audit function of a similar multidivisional group or an MNC.
• In-depth knowledge of IPPF standards and capable of applying knowledge in real life scenarios
• Able to conduct and perform Risk Assessments independently
• Conversant with Risk Management Techniques
• Familiarity on technical accounting issues under IFRS
• Able to multitask simultaneously between several running projects
• Experience in using Data Analytics and taking complete advantage of the same
• Big 4 experience would be an advantage
• Strong listening and communication skills
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Attention to detail and ability to always focus
• Critical and skeptical thinking to identify gaps and apply logic to reach at the root cause of the issue
• Self-motivated and self-managed individual with an ability to work in a multicultural team
• Proactive in handling prioritizing workload and not waiting for instructions to perform
• Proficient in MS-Office
• Able to speak, read and write fluent English. Arabic would be an added advantage.
• Excellent report writing skills.