A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Chief Accountant”.
|Qualification||Masters Degree | Bachelors Degree (Accounting/Finance)|
|Experience||5 – 6 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||13,000 AED – 15,000AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Huspy is an early-stage proptech startup with a mission to redefine the homeownership process. The company’s platform matches the user with the best suitable mortgage in less than 30 seconds and issues an approval 3x faster than the traditional process providing transparency and convenience for one of the largest consumer transactions.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Chief Accountant to oversee corporate accounting, prepare regulatory and financial reports, develop internal control policies and procedures, and assist in preparing budgets and forecasts.
You will be the 1st hire in the Finance team, and this role would require you to be hands-on in accounting & reporting, and establish processes & best practices, and eventually hire your own team. You’ll be working directly with a world class team, with people from companies like Uber, Microsoft, SumUp, Revolut, Loft and Careem.
Accounting and Reporting:
- Oversee & prepare all company accounts and trial balances.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported.
- Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and compare the figures toforecasts.
- Examine all financial data closely (JV, SOA, internal reports) to check for discrepancies.
- Report to the Founders with timely and accurate financial information
- Assist the Founders in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members.
- Develop budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports.
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities.
- Leads end-to-end engagement with financial consultants and audit firms
- Set-up the finance function and processes including implementation of internal controls, SOP’s as well as setting-up the accounting policies
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulationsand legislation.
- Collaborate with auditors to ensure proper compliance with all regulations.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to prevent errors in data collection and reports, fraud and ensure consistency of implementation.
- Assist in implementing new company-wide ERP
- At least 5 years of experience in accounting & finance, preferably in early stage tech startup
- Knowledge of IFRS reporting standards
- Experience in Accounting Software such as Quickbooks or similar
- Experience working with ERP system
- Ability to question things and provide / recommend solutions
- Great communication skills