A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Registered Nurse”.
||NMC Healthcare, Abu Dhabi|
|Experience||2 – 4 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||3,500 AED – 5,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Registered Nurse – Pediatric Ward
NMC Healthcare is the most trusted and the largest private healthcare company in the UAE for over 40 years. With a dedicated team of doctors and paramedical and support personnel, NMC owns and manage numerous healthcare facilities globally and treat millions of patients worldwide every year. The company has specialized verticals that include Multi-Specialty Care, Maternity and Fertility, Long-Term and Home Care, Medical Centres, Day Surgery Centres, Operations and Management.
We at NMC facilitate a challenging and motivating work environment that enables ample scope for career growth and development. We create a conducive work culture that attracts, retain and help talented and committed individuals grow. We encourage lifelong learning and deliver the best care to our customers and strive towards creating a world-class platform for nurturing the professionals of tomorrow.
Directs supervises and coordinates the activities in the designated area and ensures good standard of care is provided.
- Provides direct care and related duties in ward and maintains current knowledge of patient care nursing practice and standards.
- Plans, implements and evaluates nursing care given to assigned patient in an effective and organized manner.
- Provides for the physical, psychological and social needs of the patient and families
- Provides comprehensive pre-operative and post-operative nursing care to all surgical patients
- Predominant role in preparation, administration and documentation of medication.
- Performs a wide range of nursing procedures with attention to accuracy, patient safety and comfort, including those requiring strict aseptic technique
- Assists with transfer of patients within the health care facilities and serves as transport nurse for patients during ambulance transport.
- Demonstrates competency in Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation and participates as a member of Code Blue hospital wide.
- Maintains and updates all relevant patient documentation / medical records as per hospital policy and procedure.
- Follows the reporting mechanisms / chain of command in the nursing services department. All patient care issues shall be correctly and promptly reported.
- Demonstrates an economical approach to the utilization of equipment’s and supplies while assisting the head nurse to maintain an appropriate ward stock
- Takes responsibility for the unit in the absence of the Charge Nurse as assigned
- Responds to external disaster (Code Black) as per hospital protocol.
- Responsible for checking the crash cart as per the checklist
- Responsible for maintaining inventory checklist of medications including high alert medications and narcotics as per hospital policy
- Responsible for maintaining inventory checklist of Hazmat items including MSDS as per hospital policy
- Ensures preventative and ongoing maintenance of equipment is carried out, reporting all failures or deficiencies through appropriate department head
- Demonstrates strict adherence to all hospital policies and procedures
- Demonstrates sound knowledge and participates in fire safety, patient safety, infection control and the other necessary precautions as per hospital policy.
- Takes responsibility for professional clinical practice and is actively involved in updating and continuing education.
- Performs any other assigned responsibilities as identified by the Charge Nurse / Supervisor / Nursing Administrator.
- Comply with all OSH and infection control policies, standards and procedures and cooperate with hospital management to comply those requirements
- Work accordance with the documented OSH procedures and instructions, specific responsibilities
- Be familiar with emergency and evacuation procedures
- Notifying OSH Hazards, incidents, Near misses and issues and assistance with the preparation of risk assessments, incident reports
- Comply with Waste management procedures and policies
- Attend applicable OSH/Infection control training programs, mock drills and awareness programs
- Use of appropriate personal protective equipment and safety systems
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- Current license in country of origin and with DOH, DHA And MOH License to practice in UAE
- Minimum 2 years nursing experience in Paediatric Care Unit
- BLS / PALS provider
- Good English spoken & written, Arabic language advantageous/desirable but not essential