A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Financial Controller”.
||Chalhoub Group, Dubai|
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree (Accounting/Finance)|
|Experience||3 – 5 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||6,000 AED – 8,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Who We Are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What You Will Be Doing
- Perform monthly financial closing related to P&L and Balance Sheet
- Monitor, challenge and support for all main expenses type from company (LI, POSM, Payroll, CAPEX etc.)
- Participate to the budget process and business plans.
- Responsible for the closing
- Calculate accruals compliant with standard accounting rules (IFRS/Group), and liaise with accounting so all required entries are booked in a timely manner
System reconciliations between Oracle and BI. Conduct analysis on COGS by Customer/Retailers on monthly basis, POSM, internal requisitions, sales, investigate discrepancies and inconsistencies
- Calculate margin retrocession/collection by distribution channel
- Analyze gross margin, and report any deviation with annual and monthly targets
- Prepare P&L and balance sheet: Accountable for all P&L entries and source of change elements against comparable periods. Monitor evolution of Balance Sheet accounts
- Secure monthly financial reporting related to the business (e.g.: Flash P&L, Capex, Sales forecast) Controlling
The Finance controller will provide financial advice to the Commercial and Marketing team on ad-hoc and business case analysis including:
A&P Regional Claims: collect on monthly basis claims from the distributors and control the invoices provided in coordination with Commercial, Merchandising, Marketing and HR teams who gave prior approval on the expenses
- BC Staff cost: Collect each month the BC salaries claims from the distributor, verify them and approve the amount to be paid by the Regional Office. Conduct analysis on profitability by country and by doo, alert Commercial department in case of drift
- Trade and Communication follow-up: perform monthly consolidation + analysis of A&P expenses to compare vs Budget, Prepare and analyze launch animation return on investment
- T&E: Gather monthly travel expenses from employees and control T&E claims form, ensure proper coding of claims for accurate repartition in the P&L
- Provides financial advice to the commercial team on ad-hoc and business case analysis as necessary Participate to the Budget, Revision and Strat
- Lead the data collection of all required inputs to build the P&L
- Challenge and validate scenario with department managers and support Controlling Manager to evaluate the proposed equation
- Liaise with the Headquarters to ensure all relevant assumptions are properly shared and explained Profile
- Work Experience : Bachelor or Master’s degree in Finance & Controlling, and a minimum of 3 years of successful professional experience in finance and controlling
- Attitude : Meticulous, detail oriented and well organized, capable to handle multiple priorities and multi-tasking while respecting deadlines. Hands-on, self-starter and problem solver, ability to work effectively in a constantly changing and pressured environment
- Skills : Computer literate (Expertise of Excel is essential, knowledge of accounting/financials applications). Oracle preferable. Fluent in English; French and Arabic can be a significant advantage but is not compulsory.
What We Can Offer You
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.