A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Business Development Manager”.
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree|
|Experience||2 – 3 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||10,000 AED – 15,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
At Wiley, we welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and embrace individuals who get excited about learning whether online or by book. Learning is for everyone, and so is our workplace. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion. It’s in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
- To open up new customers and markets for all agreed products and solutions in the Wiley education portfolio in selected geographies in the Middle East and Africa, creating new revenue streams.
- To create ongoing partnerships with governments, corporations, associations, certification bodies, and institutions in selected geographies through winning large scale projects and establishing ongoing programs
- To achieve the above through active collaboration with the wider sales team including sales colleagues in APAC and India.
- To report back extensively to all interested parties and maintain a high level of active communication; participate in the development process for new/localized products and services; manage the initial selling cycle(s) collaboratively with relevant business development specialists and regional teams; agree on appropriate handoff points to the relevant team.
- Following the agreed selection of geographies, carry out an in-depth discovery process to evaluate opportunities, validate assumptions, and size up the addressable market. Work with Regional Sales Manager MEA to segment and qualify target markets.
- Work with relevant regional and business teams to gain access to new sectors, identify needs and offer relevant products and solutions. Find appropriate market and customers for new products from all businesses
- Establish key relationships with influential partners and customers:-
- Government ministries, NGOs, and official bodies
- Associations and professional groups
- New local distributors/partners for new products and services.
- Carry out activities throughout the sales cycle playing an appropriate role in the process – (leading, supporting, advising, handing over, and mentoring)
- Achieve sales targets for new business and pipeline growth
- Carry out regular demonstrations and take place in in-person marketing and information events across the region
- Improved market knowledge across more, new geographies.
- Increased revenue streams and new customer segments.
- Closer relationships, sometimes leading to strategic partnerships, with key customers, partners, and decision-makers. Grow strong pipeline
- Establishment and growth of ongoing, repeat business with key customers resulting in new revenues.
- Work closely with sales and marketing colleagues in APAC in building and managing the pipeline of prospects
- Work with MEA sales team for transparent lead sharing and mentoring opportunities and building a connected workflow
- Agility in the creation of cross-business and function project teams
- Build competitive analysis for the market and craft high outcome marketing plan
- Take ownership of contract process for all new and existing business
- Make regular and strong use of Wiley CRM system
- Well designed marketing plans lead to a more robust pipeline
- Transparent management of all business facilitates effective collaboration
- Full understanding of Wiley’s solutions and products.
- Awareness of the company’s structure
- To have full understanding and awareness of the adjacent existing Wiley businesses.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE (i.e. Travel requirements, driving license, etc)
- Able and willing to travel to attend company meetings and customer visits where required.
Personal Organization, Planning, and Time Management
- Processes proposals and reports in a timely manner
- Demonstrates completeness and attention to detail
- Follows up in an efficient manner
- Communication (written & verbal)
- Writes clearly using appropriate style, grammar, and tone
- Informs people of decisions, changes, and other relevant information on a timely basis
- Adapts well to changes at work
- Uses appropriate flexibility when applying procedures to accomplish tasks
- Influence & Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Consciously works to build rapport through understanding, and adapting own personal style to the attitudes, needs, and perspectives of others
- Develops and maintains collaborative working relationships
- Understands the organization’s information structure.
- Technology and Information Management:
- Is able to use technology to communicate efficiently and effectively (e-mail, telecommunications)
- Is able to use PC software (e.g., word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation) to save time and optimize personal and/or departmental productivity
- Is familiar with Wiley Information Systems (e.g., SFDC, CORE, BMIS, COLTRANE, the Wiley Portal, etc.) and is able to manipulate and use this data as and when required
- University BA
Prior Experience / Industry
- 2-3 years experience in business development experience/project management
- Good working knowledge of PC software such as Microsoft Office (Excel/ Word/ PowerPoint). Salesforce.com
- Good knowledge of eLearning and digital delivery channels and platforms
- Resourceful, efficient, and adaptive to changes. Organized team player with analytical skills. Initiative and willingness to learn. Possess good interpersonal skills.
Other Requirements Of Person
- Right to live and work in Dubai according to UAE local law
Dubai – United Arab Emirates