A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Logistics Manager”.
|Company Name||Masafi LLC, Dubai|
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree|
|Experience||6 – 8 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||15,000 AED – 20,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent|
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Leads and directs whole organization’s supply chain planning, warehousing and logistics operations; to ensure product availability with right quality, in right quantity, at right place and time to meet sales and marketing demand along with customer expectation, at highest possible level of effective productivity, within minimum cost to provide best-priced good for customer and consumer.
A glimpse of your typical workday
- Develop Supply Chain & Distribution Strategy based on local market & legal requirements considering regional set-ups & best practice processes.
- Contribute to and provide leadership for inventory reduction strategies
- Relentlessly drive operational excellence within the standard work processes.
- Identify, prioritize, and eliminate process losses across the supply network
- Work with internal Masafi partners to manage suppliers to develop and execute commercial and technical agreements that will best meet business needs.
- Manage the Transportation & Warehousing of Masafi products
- Responsible for product supply planning in coordination with demand planning manager sales team.
- Responsible for setting the optimum inventory levels considering cash net working capital & end customer service level.
- Conduct risk assessments and develop crisis or disaster plans to minimize the impact of supply chain disruptions. Manage the flow of information to and from suppliers, customers, and partners
- Sets warehousing, logistics, planning and fleet performance standards and its related key indicators KPIs.
- Leads problem solving activities for supply chain warehousing and logistics operations; utilizing planning and fleet assets in setting the right solutions.
- Coaches on continuous process improvement and designs the right structure at each needed development point of time.
- Ensures safe operating conditions exist throughout the supply chain networks; warehousing and logistics operations as well as technical support functions. Promptly correct unsafe conditions
- Develops procedures to eliminate loss or damaged product in warehouse and during transportation
- partner up with procurement, to ensure product availability by monitoring planning & delivery plans while maintaining stocks at the right levels, avoiding obsolescence & ensuring best inventory turnover.
- Continuously monitor supplier performance, and develop with suppliers initiatives to continuously reduce costs.
- Design the operating procedures to ensure best stock rotation and FIFO/FEFO considering the agreed upon distribution strategy.
- Responsible to design and implement the logistics policies and procedures that ensure best customer service level and optimum cost.
- Taking ownership of logistics cost, supplier lead time, supplier service level, logistics rebates & item specification in temperature for storage/transport.
- Sets the target of the logistics Service Level Agreement with internal and external business parties
- Ensures a customer focused approach to create value and build a performance-based culture within the supply chain Planning, Warehousing and Logistics activities.
- Support and drive novation agenda through successful launches of new products and packaging
- Drives best practice improvement across business processes, analytics, planning tool optimization, and cross-functional communications.
- Ensure goods movement costs are optimized in order to drive value creation for masafi and our customers.
- Manages our inventory profile and ensure the right trade-offs between service levels, cost and cash Strategy.
- Prepares annual and longer-term capital budgets and take responsibility for implementation of approved projects for supply chain.
- Identifies potential risks and propose action plans to ensure accurate merchandise inventory and operations in Distribution Centers
- Reviews daily sales and daily stock reports to monitor days-of-supply report and predict close future sales trend to act proactively accordingly.
- Manages the team in ordering all raw materials (ingredients, packaging, fuel … ) to ensure adequate supply to cover all production needs
- manages finished goods movement to distribution centers to maintain safety inventory levels across the BU’s
- Prepare and execute departmental budget for manpower, spares, consumables and fleet major overhauls
- Influence Setting garage workshops performance standards and align organization
- Institute an effective fleet maintenance program to ensure safe and reliable operation
- Stays up to date of Transportation Laws and Regulations and ensure the Company fleet of vehicles are in compliance
- Provides the proper training, guidance and couching to the direct reports & PAL employees.
What will make you stand out
- Strong collaboration and communication skills and the ability to work within diverse organizations and teams with ability to say no when business long-term interest is compromised.
- 6+ years Supply Chain and Manufacturing Experience
- Demonstrated strong leadership with managing teams in complex fast pace environments, with capability to bring all other functions connected and/or affected by SC together to ease achieving business goal.
- Strong co-ordination and planning skills
- Sharp, quick witted with excellent analytical skills – able to convert objectives into actionable tasks and challenges into opportunities