A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Internal Audit Manager”.
||Majid Al Futtaim, Dubai|
|Qualification||Masters Degree | Bachelors Degree|
|Experience||8 – 10 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||25,000 AED – 30,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
What will it be like to work for Majid Al Futtaim?
For the past two decades, we have shaped the consumer landscape across the region, transforming the way people shop, live, and play, while maintaining a strong sustainability track record and the largest mall in the world to attain LEED Gold EBOM Certification.
We have over 40,000 team members in 15 international markets representing over 100 nationalities – all keeping the customer at the heart of everything we do.
If you enjoy being BOLD, PASSIONATE, and TOGETHER, then Majid Al Futtaim is the destination for you.
Our Vision: We strive to incubate happiness by creating great moments for everyone, every day.
About the Role
Your role will review and evaluate the organization’s internal controls, processes, policies, and mechanisms to ensure that they are adequate, effective, and in compliance with Group/Company Policies and Procedures. Furthermore, to assist Internal Audit in the achievement of department objectives through planned internal audit reviews and ad hoc assignments in accordance with the Audit Charter.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform risk assessment of the assigned portfolio and participate in the development of the Risk-based Annual Audit Plan
- Perform, manage and deliver audit projects in line with the annual plan as assigned.
- Perform /supervise process documentation to identify key risks especially fraud risks and controls in place to address those risks and in determining the nature, timing, and extent of Audit samples and procedures and programs.
- Development of Internal controls questionnaires, audit programs, and detailed audit work papers incorporating test schedules, observations, audit conclusions, and ensuring audit objectives are satisfactorily met.
- The document, evaluate and test manual and automated systems and controls to determine their existence, adequacy, effectiveness, and continuity whilst ensuring (a)effectiveness and efficiency of operations, (b) compliance with laws, regulations, contracts, policies, and procedures, etc. (c) reliability and integrity of information, and (d) safeguarding of assets.
- Identify, allocate and perform tasks, coordinate/monitor work, control audit/assignment resources, consolidate results, and other project duties.
- Ensure compliance within his areas of responsibilities with the Internal Audit Departmental standards and Companies policies and procedures.
- Prepare periodically Project status updates.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional qualification in Quantity Surveying (e.g. RICS)
- Minimum 8 years relevant industry experience (with mandatory projects – internal audit experience).
- Ability to understand all types of technical drawings e.g. Architectural, Structural, MEP, Services, Landscape, Reinforcement, etc.
- Knowledge of standard contract terms and conditions, especially FIDIC.
- Knowledge of Standard method of measurement, BOQ preambles, technical & commercial correspondence
- Ability to understand and assess the various techniques and best practices on tendering contract management, and quantity surveying.
Why should you be interested?
- Learning Opportunity – this is a challenging role that will grow your capability
- Career Development – Our people are our greatest asset, we priorities internal talent
- We are the leading shopping mall, residential communities, retail, and leisure pioneer across the Middle East, Africa, and Asia. Serving over 560 million visitors a year.
- International Environment – we have a very international employee and we are in 15 international markets representing over 100 nationalities.