A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Computer Engineer”.
||Juma Al Majid Holding Group LLC, Dubai|
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree (Computer Engineering)|
|Experience||5 – 7 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||5,500 AED – 7,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
The Job holder is accountable to carry out installation, repair and servicing of computers and associated equipment.
1. Site Engineer is Consider Single point of contact & First Layer of support for business users (HW & Application) assigned to certain division / sites , where request should be fulfilled as per agreed SLA .
2. Insure communication for any request is performed in proper manner where any request should be communicated by phone at least where face to face communication is preferably.
3. Responsible on Assigned Division IT Assets (Division IT Asset Custodian) , where site engineer have to insure Service Desk Records Match with Actual physical inventory , where records are subject to audit from Central ll Shared Services.
4. Insure incident & Service request have comprehensive information by complete user request with right categorization and added as much as information with clear requirement what user is looking for and educate user how to request in proper manner (incident, Services etc .. ).
5. Insure All Activity are recorded in Service Desk (Worklog in Task, Request, Change, Problem , Project etc)
6. Contribute and assist on Project or Changes when required by Manager and insure Tasks given are handled in proper manner.
7. Installation, Configuration & Upgradation of operating systems and software like MS Office, Acrobat, Winzip using standard business best practices
8. Configuration of PC & user access for IT related to services like Oracle, VDI, Microsoft 365, POS, Oracle printer
9. Installation, Maintenance & Troubleshooting of PC, Laptops, Tabs along with peripheral devices like Printers, Scanners, External drives, Hand held devices , Emails, Microsoft 365 email, One Drive, Microsoft Team installation, configuration & Maintenance for users
10. Ensure the Distribution server is installed as the site in a proper way, where the site engineer will do the needful if any support, troubleshooting is needed on the server, and report back if a critical issue is there.
11. Documentation must be kept updated in the service Desk related to site assets, internet users, office365 users, IP addresses, PC/Laptop brand/model, username, OS, PC/Laptop serial no., Switches, etc.
12. User satisfaction – users’ incidents must be resolved promptly either remotely or over Telephone or may have to visit the site if needed, where any user request must not be solved without prior request submitted to service Desk.
13. The site should not have downtime, the health of PC & Network must be kept healthy, in case of any link failure must coordinate & follow up with JAM IT Network Team till the problem is resolved.
14. Need to have followed up with users or concerned for any approvals as call needs to be closed within the stipulated time
15. Initial troubleshooting checklist must be done by site engineer before transferring to others related to Application incident such as POS/Time Attendance issues & Major Operation incident such as Site Network Down
16. Assist in installing Network Equipment on new Site and corporate to set up new site up to level installing network component. And insure documentation are in place and recorded at the service desk.
17. The technical support has a responsibility to follow up with the network and keep the Manager informed regarding Site Failure where the network team is the main contact person for ISP.
18. Assist in installing Network Equipment on new Site and corporate to set up new site up to level installing network component. And insure documentation are in place and recorded in service des
19. Any debate between the different teams (network, System Admin, Or Application) about a resolution which side, the technical support should cooperate with team to keep follow up with all other team and insure to mitigate users.
20. Maintain & Secure Network Cabinet & insure network cabinet is clean and report for network team for any observations.
21. Site Engineer / Technical Support consider the First line of contact for the user were to have to ensure that’s his request has been fulfilled, and redirect user and instruct the user how to access system, he has to check that’s users his request has been fulfilled either the troubleshooting was done by another team.
22. Collect Initial Requirements properly and coordinate with all IT Staff Related to request and update users accordingly, where the Site Engineer will be responsible to follow up for any user request from the same division through the request full cycle.
23. Site Engineer is subject to move between sites frequently where Site Engineer has to use his own Transportation methods and Sites/Request Assignment is changeable based on Management Decision.
24. Supporting Other Computer Engineers and to be as L2.
25. Analyzing and providing solutions to enhance customer satisfaction.
26. Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time.
27. Assisting Other Teams in case of new project requested and in coordination with his Team Leader
• Graduate of Computer Engineering
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
• Very Good Communication skills
• Very Good Computer skills (Troubleshooting, Data backup, excel, word)
• Very Good Knowledge of office 365 products
• Very Good Knowledge of network troubleshooting and installation.
• Driving License is a must.