A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Sr. Software Engineer”.
|Masters Degree | Bachelors Degree (Software Engineering)
|5 – 7 years of Relevant Experience Required
|8,000 AED – 10,000 AED
|Full Time | Permanent
APPLY NOW – CHECK THE BELOW EMAIL TO APPLY FOR A JOB
When you think of food delivery in the MENA region, we’d be pretty surprised if Talabat didn’t pop into your mind first! Since delivering our first order in Kuwait in 2004, we’ve grown quite a lot over the past 17 years.
Today, we deliver hundreds of millions of food orders, grocery items, and other products per year, to our customers in nine countries throughout the region with more than 3,000+ employees! Our food delivery business works with over 27,000 brands and almost 50,000 branches, while our q-commerce concept, Talabat mart, now delivers groceries to customers in Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman Qatar, and the UAE in 30 minutes or less!
Our philosophy is to make sure we do what is right for our ecosystem – our customers, our partners, our people, our riders, and the communities in which we operate. Our #techforgood program allows our customers a safe and convenient way to contribute to important causes in their community through donating to local and international charities directly on Talabat with a focus on food insecurity in the region. Since its inception in 2020, we have facilitated the donation of well over 1 million meals to those in need, as well as donated over $1.5 million to charity with the help of our partners and customers. talabat is part of Delivery Hero, the global leader in online food delivery and q-commerce.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you will work on our next-generation ordering platform to create a smooth and easy ordering experience for our customers.
If you’re a creative problem solver who is hungry for a new adventure, an international workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Dubai.
What’s on your plate?
- You will be working on our Delivery Hero MENA applications to implement new features and move the platform to the next level.
- You will work in Agile to define requirements for new features, build product roadmaps and plan increments of work.
- You will create a clear, concise, good performing, secure and self-documented code.
- You will continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- You will develop test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
What did we order?
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Web development
- Proficient understanding of HTML5, CSS3, and web components
- Good understanding of server-side rendering (SSR) (Good Knowledge with NextJs )
- Good understanding of System Design
- Good understanding of CSS pre-processor eg: SASS, STYLES, and LESS
- Experience in Typescript is a must.
- Experience in Functional Programming and Reactive Programming.
- Must have Experienced with State Management eg: Redux or Flux or Mobx
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools (AWS, EKS, CircleCI)
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM,
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them. Must have worked on Responsive layouts in order to deal with different mobile browsers
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token and cookie authorization.
- Experience in unit testing.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Create and maintain automated tests to ensure quality and save time and money.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders etc and Experience with Ionic and understanding of PWA development is a plus
- The desire to be continually learning about emerging technologies/industry trends.