A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Patent Engineer”.
|Company Name||Desten Group Dubai|
|Qualification||Masters Degree | Bachelors Degree ( Engineering / Chemistry/ Physics )|
|Experience||4 – 5 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||7,000 AED – 8,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent|
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
- help inventors and R&D with every aspect of the patent process
- research other similar inventions and patents
- write patent applications with an eye toward anticipating any questions or objections the patent examiner might have
- prepare responses to reports from patent examiners
- ensure application and renewal deadlines are met
- support litigation in proceedings
- advise overseas attorneys on applications for foreign patent applications
- deal with assignments of patent when a patent is sold or transferred
- Track the company’s patent and trademark portfolio.
- Track patent and trademark maintenance fees.
- Educate and inform management on intellectual property issues.
- Forecast and guard against company IP legal risks.
- Suggest company policy and position on IP legal issues.
- Coordinate research of IP issues.
- Maintain work of outside IP legal counsel.
- Support inventors to prepare invention disclosures.
- Search for third-party patents to support infringement clearance opinions.
- Review and approve documents to prepare and prosecute patent applications.
A patent engineer oversees the full life cycle development of all patents in the company. He seeks out new inventions that are patentable. Performing an initial interview with an inventor, the engineer interprets and documents the scope of a new invention. Working with a design team, he ensures that there are no issues with regard to copyright or existing patent infringement. Creating all relevant materials for a patent application, he writes, designs drawings and double-checks for accuracy.
To be successful as a patent engineer, an applicant must be an extremely skilled writer, as this role requires the writing and interpreting of many technical reports, particularly in mathematical and diagram formation. Additionally, the candidate must also possess a strong reasoning ability. It is imperative that challenges are identified and resolved through significant research (i.e. data collection, fact establishment and the drawing of valid conclusions).
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field (Engineering, Chemistry or Physics)
- Master’s Degree or higher strongly preferred
- Experience in the battery technology field
- English, fluent (verbal and written)