A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Senior Manager Accounts”. The ideal candidate will be involved with preparing financial reports and statements, bank reconciliations, and cost estimation.
|Company Name||Gilead Science|
|Qualification||Masters | Bachelors | ACCA | ICAEW | CPA|
|Experience||12 – 13 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||30,000 AED – 35,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent|
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
The Senior manager FP&A will provide finance business support to the Middle East finance and commercial and will be supervising the finance activities for 10 countries. This role will report to the Finance Director and will be managing two contractors. The position will play a dynamic role by combining the roles of financial planning & analysis, monthly reporting, and operational analysis to support the Middle East business. The individual must be able to meet deadlines for multiple priorities and projects drawing on disciplines from finance and accounting. The individual will be able to establish strong relationships within the business and finance, and with assisting Gilead teams to deliver analytical results using financial and operating metrics.
Essential Duties And Job Functions
Provide financial support to the organization including but not limited to the following:
- Support month-end close/ reporting activities and variance analytics. Develop an in-depth understanding of key business drivers to incorporate into monthly commentaries.
- Support the coordination and delivery of accurate and timely monthly/quarterly business reporting packages. Present financial results to business partners.
- Support the annual budgeting and forecasting planning process for each functional area for operating expense/headcount/capital expenditure.
- Develop a good understanding of key performance drivers & issues relating to budget and actual results ensuring key issues, risks, and business drivers are understood and highlighted to management.
- Drive development and implementation of key process improvement initiatives. Proactively engage with Finance colleagues and business partners to develop continuous process improvements to planning, analyses, and reporting.
- Ensure robust financial controls and management of risks by working closely with Regional finance teams – Controllership, Tax, Treasury, etc
- Experience in VAT reporting in the Middle East especially in UAE and Saudi Arabia
- Business Partnership and Collaboration: The candidate must demonstrate an ability to build strong relationships with Finance and non-Finance business partners and work collaboratively to deliver meaningful analyses and decision support.
- Results Orientation: The ideal candidate will be results-driven and must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. He/ She must have the ability to deliver results and possess a strong drive to meet and exceed goals and be willing to take ownership of problems and make sound decisions. A “can-do” attitude is an absolute must.
- Business Savvy and Financial Acumen: The candidate will possess exceptional financial analytical and problem-solving skills. These skills must be balanced by sound business judgment.
- Independent Worker with Cross-Functional Orientation: The candidate must be an independent self-starter and a proactive leader demonstrating strong influencing capabilities with business partners while maintaining open and transparent communication within Gilead’s matrixed organization.
- Continuous improvement: The individual will leverage the expertise of functional groups and best practices to recommend systems and process improvements.
- Provide Forward Thinking: The individual will be able to identify the interdependencies across different organizations and proactively address the potential impact of issues with relevant parties.
Knowledge, Experience, And Skills
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Finance, having held positions of increasing scope and responsibility
- Prior experience in the biotech or pharmaceuticals industry or supporting manufacturing is a must
- People management skills
- A BS or BA is required. Any additional certificate in finance will be an added value
- Strong analytical skills and significant knowledge and understanding of US GAAP is required
- Demonstrated success working in a deadline-driven and multi-task environment.
- Excellent interpersonal (team player/ability to work cross-functionally) skills required
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have familiarity with Oracle and Hyperion and advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- The Arabic language is a must
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (always doing the right thing)
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith)
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility)
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity)