A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced “Accountant-General.”
About the job
Posting Date Apr 14, 2021
Job Number 21034974
Job Category Finance & Accounting
Location Dubai Area Office, Central Park Towers Level 12, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
Education And Experience
- Accounting Qualification or Studying towards an Accounting qualification.
- High school diploma/ exams
- Ideally minimum 3 years of Accounting experience
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
- Assists with OFB billing uploads ensuring accurate and timely billing
- Assists with billing dispute resolution (BDR) queries
- Reconciles, reviews, researches and takes ownership of certain AR balances relating to locally controlled Program & Services and works closely with AHS on cash application, any other AR related issues
- Assists with debt collection efforts
- Assists in completing period-end closing procedures and management reporting as specified
- Assists with Global Design project accounting duties
- Assists with Franchise Fee application billing
- Assists with processing Accounts Payables invoices into Peoplesoft Financials according to MIP-67 (Disbursements).
- Works with team to put sustainable work processes and systems in place that support the execution of the strategy.
- Maintains complete and up-to-date information to ensure accurate reporting.
- Represents team in all interactions.
- Informs, updates, and provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person in a timely manner.
- Attends and participates in all relevant meetings.
- Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise, organized manner.
- Basic Competencies – Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills – Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning – Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension – Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing – Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.