A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced “Forklift Operator”.
Qualification and Licenses requirement:
- High School Certificate
- Local driving license
NOTE: Due to the bulk of applications we are receiving, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in warehouse and supply chain, with a minimum of 6 months forklift operating experience.
- Proficiency in both verbal and written English Language.
Lives and Advocates the Bateel Values:
Health and safety
- Strictly adheres to the Company’s health and safety standard operating procedure for warehouse forklift operation.
- Maintains a neat and tidy working environment, free from aisle obstruction, minimizing working hazards and potential risks.
- Responsible for the safety of self and all other team members when operating the forklift vehicle, reporting all incidents and accidents immediately to line managers.
- Exposure to varying temperature storage areas, Frozen, Chiller, Ambient and Dry temperatures. Which is from -18 degrees to + 40 and above in summer.
- Perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving the whole body, such as lifting, balancing, reaching, stooping, and the manual handling of a wide variety of different materials.
- Tasks may be performed whilst standing, sitting, walking, and at a height level.
- Executes daily inspection of the vehicle according to checklist as per the Company standard operating procedure.
- Communicates vehicle maintenance, faults, or unsafe conditions to line manager appropriately and timely.
- Unload inbound deliveries safely and move products to storage locations. Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in designated storage zones and update the stock card.
- Ensure all the pallet locations are fully utilized to optimize the occupancy in each storage area.
- To ensure the pallet note (label with details of the items on the pallet, with prod/expiry date) has been completed and the pallet has been shrink wrapped before placing it on the racks.
- Removal of stocks from the storage based on FIFO (first in first out) / FEFO (first expiry first out) for delivery, transfer and load the truck in a safe and ensure it’s secured once loaded.
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments/deliveries are accurate and free of damage; specifically, that all pallets on the racks are free of damage, placed properly, and that any variances in the quality of products are reported.
- To pull and prepare the product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped. Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that meets customer service standards.
- To ensure proper and safe docking of the trailers for offloading and loading of stocks.
About the job
Reports to: Warehouse Supervisor
The Forklift Operator ensures that orders are fulfilled correctly, with care, and are on schedule according to operational requirements. In doing so, they are responsible for the overall safe and efficient operation of a forklift vehicle to move, locate, relocate, stack, and count Bateel products and merchandise. The role of Forklift Operator requires a flexible working approach to meet the needs of the business with regular shift rotations (including overtime, night, and weekend working).